Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My week


Tuesday evening I went the the Civil War retreat ceremony at the Lincoln Tomb.  This week the lady who was awarded the flag was a teacher from Kankakee, IL and she said she would fly the flag over their school.  How cool is that to have a flag that was flown at Lincoln's tomb at a school?

Wednesday afternoon I took off for my Optometry appointment.  I selected a new pair of frames that have no ring around the lens and are real light weight.  These  are flexible and cost more but since they are not limited to the shape of the frame, replacement lenses will be easy.  He said they were a Cadillac.  I cut the grass after my appointment but you wouldn't notice it a few days later.

Thursday and Friday I was real busy at work.  I still got the daily chores done but helped Michael migrate data files from Access to SQL server.  We had been preparing for this since January.  Needless to say, evenings were crash to bed early.   Monday the users of these programs still could not access due to no fault of ours.  The drivers that were installed were wrong and didn't work between Windows XP and Windows 7.  Not all are on the same version. They did not seem understanding but if they did they would be more appreciative of the big effort.  Tuesday, and the cutoff of this edition of "My Week" shall continue.

Sunday morning I went to church.  We are still getting used to our new priest, Fr Dennis (as I'm sure he is getting used to us too).  I noticed that when the congregation says "...and with your Spirit" that he replies with "Thank You".  I came home and made coffee and a gluten free blueberry pancake with maple syrup.  Yum.

In the afternoon, I went to the ABATE Down Rider benefit.  Well I got stuck coming home from the Down Rider Benefit. Thanks to a couple from Decatur who helped me tighten the loose negative connector on my battery. Then I dismissed them and Josh from our chapter was kind enough to follow me home safely. Actually, the ride home went well from that point.   So in return, I a sharing Josh's flyer that he gave me. Please support someone who is willing to help a stranded (not down) rider.

The photos that I took at the Down Rider Benefit are here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10151806240369274&type=1
 
My son has been a good influence on me.  He created so many memories of movies.  I remember when we went to a movie, Independence Day, before he joined the marines.  Now we are watching movies together again.  I love him dearly.

I've been still weaning off of cable TV.  My son has been showing me some movies.  I like that a lot.

I just learned this week that my God Child has taken the Air Force entrance exam and passed with a physical for next week.  Good luck Allison.   Then I have a nephew going into the Army in August.  Good Luck to DJ.  I'm thinking of you both as you progress.  Make me proud!!!

 I sent a card today after this request:

 Help us celebrate this American Hero by sending a card!
We want to collect 100 cards by 8/1/13 to deliver on his birthday!
Mail your cards and letters to;
Thomas Strawn
c/o Indy Honor Flight
9093 S. SR 39
Mooresville, IN 46158




No comments:

Blog Archive