Sunday, July 21, 2013

Civil War Days at David Davis Mansion

Had a long day at the David Davis Mansion on July 20, 2013. 


I dressed comfortably so I could record the event.
This is Laura explaining our Soldiers Aid Society.


Part 1 of a 25 min presentation




Part 2

Part 3

 Miss Marilynn Ferricks found a nice collar.
 J and H Dry Goods tent.  Very reasonable but not my size.  Shucks!
 Loved this dress for only $100  but you won't believe the waist size.

 Ladies of Charity tent

 Miss Liz always has the finest things.  I really envy her array.  She knows her stuff even for representing a Southern lady with ties to the North.
 skirmish
 The Lincolns arrive in style to the dance under the tent full of sweat knatts.
 I really loved the little girls that came in their cute period dress.  Often more authentically dressed than some of the grown ups I saw there.

Here's is the opening intro to Angels In Calico up to the point where she asked there be no video.



Local Story from McLean County:  Maureen Barnes
(up to the point where the batteries died in my camera)
Looks like she is a dulcimer player too. 


No comments:

Blog Archive