Monday, July 22, 2013

My Week


I just now got a picture from last weekend's Ice Cream Social at Edwards Place.  It's a nice view of the back of my new dress and the front of the historic site.


Wednesday I went to the Goodwill and found this neat metal art for the front of my house.  I've had that hook in my siding since I took down the Christmas Wreath.  I like the roses.

Thursday evening I went to an ABATE meeting.  The VFW still doesn't have their WIFI fixed.  I used to post notes from the meeting on the ABATE facebook page as we go but the VFW's WIFI has been inoperative for months. I thought this license plate was interesting.  It means retirement for a state employee.

Penny was at the ABATE meeting and she is the first female to be president of the Leathernecks Motorcycle Club and probably the first for most clubs.  That’s a big deal.  I wish her success.  She really supports the veterans.  I gave her a TY card for Wreaths Across America.  I told her that although donations can be made online, that if you give to the American Legion Riders, we can earmark the funds for our local Camp Butler.
After the ABATE meeting I stopped at Meijer.  They are moving things around in there so I got lost finding what I needed.
I did find something that I was looking for, Burts Bees deodorant.  I had a spray which I liked especially for reenacting with a natural sage scent but haven't seen it anywhere.  Then I found a stick version at Meijer.
I know, it says it's for men but both of these smell the same.

I just took a dip in my pool, dumped it in my garden, then took a real shower.

Saturday I went to Bloomington for the Civil War Days at the David Davis Mansion.  Our Soldiers Aid Society was represented on the program that's been in the works all winter for this. I'll be going in modern clothes so that I can be comfortable and photo the event.   That way I won't be caught with a camera like the Huffington Post.  
Here are the photos/videos that I took at the event:
There are some more pictures here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.489706891110948.1073741838.378134195601552&type=1


Between the events and the evening ball, I got to make a quick stop over to Le Roy to visit Pop and Carol.  He was the veteran whom I was guardian on the Honor Flight.  It was really nice to see him since he's far away.  Always a joy to talk to.  Country farm boy charm.  Even the neighbors wave at strangers.

While I was in Bloomington, my sons did some of the moving out of the apartment and Sean moved in with me while the house he's buying closes.  Sunday I borrowed Jim's truck and Sean and I brought over the big items like the bed and his shelf.  He doesn't have a kitchen table and will probably need one in the new house.  The last item to seal the "over-nighter" was the toothbrush.

I went to Mass with the Catholic War Veterans.  Our post commander told me that he'll be driving his convertible for the Grand Marshal in the veterans parade at the state fair on Aug 11 ~ our veteran of the month.  That's cool.

Then I borrowed Jim's truck and helped Sean move in with me.  It looks like his house sale is moving along. Maybe he can clear the contract on his apartment early by turning in his keys.

Here's a picture for SpringFaild:  A Ford with Corvette shades.


 
 

No comments:

Blog Archive