Monday, July 3, 2017

My Week


 Tuesday I went to visit my sister in Wisconsin.  I was supposed to be a surprise for my other sister on Wednesday but that didn't happen. So we shopped the Amish places.  I got cheese, pickles, chocolate and honey.  It rained pretty steady most of the day.
My sister enjoyed a toy toss with Sophie and she works at a veterinary clinic where she could have lots of toy toss fun. She hasn't seen any pekingese dogs there. 
Here I am at the Boscobel Turkey on my way home.  Home of the Giddeon Bible.
Igor the cheese mouse in Fennimore, WI.

Well Frank's subscription to Car and Driver expires Aug 2024.  Had he lived it would expire when he would be 85.

Friday I helped with our Soldiers Aid Society display at the Old State Capitol.  It was Becka's debut in her new dress which is a modified Salvation Army dress that I found.  She had it altered to replace the zipper with hooks and the bottom red trim replaced in black.  Becka loved it.
I came home about 4:30 for a quick sandwich and little rest from the corset and then went to the Railsplitters Ball in Lincoln, IL.  I was the only one in a "day dress" rather than ball gown since I had worn it earlier in the day.
I only danced the slow ones like the "Grand March", "Spanish Waltz",  "Circle Waltz" and "Windmill Quadrille".  The rest I sat out.  I did sit for awhile with a guest who helped host and cater in modern day attire.  She noticed the pantaloons and lack thereof when dancing when the skirts twirled up.  She didn't know what they were called so I showed her mine and Kay next to me showed hers. 

I had been using my bent out of shape pet stroller to haul my recycle bin to the curb.  It got picked up while I was gone.  I'm a little disappointed because the recycle bin is a bit heavy after my surgery.  So Saturday I got a cart at Harbor Freight.  I want to put a tag on it with my name and a request not to steal it.

Saturday evening I was dog sitting while my sons went to a Cardinals game.   I had a lot of stuffed animals for them to tear up (and later clean up).  I'm glad my sons had a good time and that the Cardinals won.

Sunday I  got back into the church ministry schedule.  In the summer, I have to move in my pew during the summer because of a glare in the stained glass in my face.  Sean came and cut my grass and did his laundry.  He didn't care for the eggplant Parmesan that I prepared.  In the evening I went to the visitation of a former coworker at Staab Funeral Home. 

Before I left, Mark showed me a new sign he'd made for the Catholic War Veterans since the CWV wreath that I made disappeared from their closet.



No comments:

Blog Archive