Sunday, July 16, 2017

My week

This week started off on a bad note.  It seems my last blog resulted in an insult.  I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.  My motto is "Don't worry...Be Happy".  Situations like that make it hard when I share my life, which involves volunteering, results in such a big put down.

Started the week out early with morning physical therapy, a replacement military ID, and dental cleaning done.  I went for my dental cleaning and mentioned my spinal fusion.  The hygienist wondered if I was cleared to be there because of the risk of post-op infections. I told her that all restrictions were lifted.  So she called my doctor's office to get the OK.  This is some of my PT:
It's harder than it looks because of the legs and hips are weakened by the spinal fusion area.

Monday evening I went to Glen Carbon's library for a presentation on Women in the Civil War.  That evening we had a much needed rain storm.

Tuesday evening was our Flag Lowering ceremony at the tomb and my presentation of Distant Memories.  I was disappointed at the turn out at the old vault.  It was hot.  There were joggers in the cemetery and I'll bet they were hotter than I in my period dress.  So while I waited for visitors, I took a selfie. There were lots of cars for the Flag Lowering Ceremony but not may came to my presentation at the old vault at the bottom of the stairs.
Distant Memories used to be covered by a grant.  Even the State Historic Sites is not promoting it on the History Comes Alive or on their facebook events.  Between this small turn out and lack of support by the state, I have to question what I'm doing this for.  Our Friday afternoon Soldiers Aid Society at the Old State Capitol is listed.

11 weeks on this side now and rejoined my yoga class. I needed yoga blocks for the stretch that I didn't need last year this time but I was so happy to do a "down dog". I had trouble with a cobra and bridge but got some great ham string stretches and that ending relaxation was so rewarding I had a tear in my eye. 😅 I've only been able to get on the floor less than 2 weeks. Thank you for your support.  I was a bit sore the following morning and I had physical therapy at 7:45.

Friday afternoon I helped with our Soldiers Aid Society at the Old State Capitol.  In the evening I went to a meeting with the Mary Lincoln Coterie which continued on Saturday morning with a wreath laying at the Lincoln Tomb.  This is the Friday evening Strawberry Party social.   Yep, that's Abe at our table. Note the founder's head with the tiara.  I'll have one next year.

Saturday I stopped by a car show at Roberts Automotive before heading to Oak Ridge Cemetery for the Mary Lincoln coterie wreath laying ceremony.  I brought Sophie with me.  I did not register for the luncheon at Maldner's because the deadline was passed and I didn't know my condition at the time.  I was told there was plenty of room at the luncheon and I proceeded to take Sophie home and return to the luncheon. 
I wore my pink shirt with the picture of a corset on the front.

Well I slept in and barely made it in time for church.   I fixed Thai chicken and Sean cut my grass.   Then we got a much needed rain. 


I got my yoga mat out to practice some physical therapy exercise assignments but don't have the heart to move Sophie.
 

No comments:

Blog Archive