Tuesday, July 5, 2016

My Week

Tuesday, Sophie and I had our 100th TDI visit.  I turn in my sheets at our 150th visit to TDI.
I finished a bow on my bonnet in the morning to wear that evening at the Lincoln Tomb retreat ceremony.  I like this bow is better than the violet one that I had originally put on and replaced.  I still want to tweak it because it is off center and it has a utility tie but the bow has a permanent hook.  It's the first time I wore this yellow, fan-front, 1850s dress.
Wednesday morning I finished all the water tht was left in my rain barrel.   Now for the hose.  I filled my little kiddie pool on Thursday and took a little dip on Friday.

Thursday I cut down a milkweed that I didn't know what it was until I posted this photo on facebook and all my reenactor friends told me what it was.  They wanted me to keep it for the sake of the butterflies.  I looked it up and it says it's highly toxic for pets.  I understand that's what killed Abraham Lincoln's mother.
There were 3 of these stalks and the info said they get 3' tall.  Mine were like 7'. Well I guess I pissed off my reenactor friends on facebook by cutting them down.  I didn't say that on facebook but left it as is.  They like nature you see.
In the afternoon I went to my regular Tues and Thursday afternoon Therapy Dog visit. I'm looking for a U shaped baby pillow for those sloping laps.  My pillow helps but Sophie still rolls downhill.  I clipped this from their facebook page.  I'm trying to make a ridge in the pillow.

Friday morning I rode my motorcycle to exercise class so I could ride in an Independence Day parade for Hope School with ABATE afterward.


 I dog sat for Hank while my sons went to a Cardinals game.  Hank stayed with me and mid-way through the evening I went to Sean's house to let Moe out.  I took Sophie with me and she was snappy in his back yard.  Here they are with a fellow Veterans Center employee, David.
Cardinals won and broke a loosing streak.

Alan brought me a Eureka vacuum cleaner since my Dyson needed a part replacement that wasn't worth it.  Alan said he already had 3 vacuums anyway.  I didn't get too much sleep sitting for Hank.  He jumps on the bed.  Alan told me he came around midnight and slept behind closed doors with Hank from midnight to 5AM.  That's when I got up....5:30.  Guess who needs a nap?

Saturday evening I went to the Iles House to help prep the strawberries for the Clara Irwin Strawberry Party. I learned a unique way to core the strawberries with a straw.

I ordered Alan's birthday present since he dropped a direct hint that he needed floor mats for his Wolfburg Passat.  At least I won't be planning last minute what to get him come his birthday in a few months.

Sunday mornings rain brought a challenge to walking the dog.  Oh, don't misunderstand, we needed the rain because the ground was dry and cracked.  It was even difficult to put the metal stick reflective flags in the ground for Independence day.
I went back to my own church after a hiatus to Church of the Little Flower.  The priest at Little Flower came to my parish and when he saw me he said "welcome home".  There was coffee and donuts reception to welcome the new priest, Fr John, who had been our pastor before.

The Forth of July I spent with a memorial Mass with the Catholic War Veterans at 10AM, then a reading of the Declaration of Independence in the Chatham Square, then I helped serve strawberry shortcake at the Iles House Clara Irwin's Strawberry Party then fireworks at the Graham's front drive with ideal view.  There's a video of the program here and you can see me in the audience about 3:50 into the video:
https://www.facebook.com/paula.staabpolk/videos/1203972959621252/

You can follow the reading on this link:
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/declaration_transcript.html





No comments:

Blog Archive