Tuesday, July 26, 2016

My Week


It's been hot. I'm reminded of my childhood days when we had family meals in the basement and watched TV down there too. We bathed in the wash sink.   I think we slept down there too.
 5 Ways Homes Kept Cool Before Air-Conditioning

Tuesday morning I had my annual check up at the doctor.  My BMI is spot on where the standard is.  I needed a tetanus shot which left me sore.  That afternoon I went on a therapy dog visit.  I was told that my photo was on facebook when I my practiced in June Distant Memories with those whom I share my Sophie, TDIA.
 Laura and I were the only in period dress.  The rest of the ladies were in modern clothes assiting visitors with the drawing for the flag after it is lowered. Larry and Connie, dance callers,  were there with the 33d band. He saw my trying to do a Gay Gordon and jumped in to help me do it. So I danced on Lincoln's Grave.  The guests seemed to enjoy the added feature since the 33rd IL Band was playing as guests that evening.  The skies were threatening but the down pour held till the end of the ceremony and made for a hazardous drive home. My flag on my house was down in the driveway when I got home.  So I put it  in the bathtub.  My dress was damp and I put it in the dryer. 
That evening I performed Distant Memories at the Lincoln Tomb under threatening skies. I wore a semi sheer yellow dress instead because of the heat but that didn't matter.  

That evening was a sleepless night.  I got up at 2 AM just worrying about a lot of things.  Mostly not finishing the papers before recycle day and my iPhone not yet being activated and thinking it may have been a dud since it was not news.  I know I missed calls between Friday and Tuesday but first thing in the morning I made the call to "Straight Talk" and now active.

Chatham has been having issues with water.


Friday I helped with our Soldiers Aid Society display at the Old State Capitol.

Saturday I went to 
The Dedication
of the
Dr. Benjamin Franklin Stephenson Library

Saturday, July 23, 2016
at 3 in the afternoon

The Daughters of Union Veterans of the Civil War
503 South Walnut Street
(corner of Walnut & Governor)
Springfield, Illinois
The news media was there:
http://newschannel20.com/news/local/grand-army-of-the-republic-celebrates-150th-anniversary
Here's a better view clipped from the video:

In the evening I went to a play at Edwards Place called "The Visitation of Mary".  It was nicely done and revolved around the family dynamics at Mary Lincoln's funeral.



Sunday I made Shepard's Pie.  It was too hot to do much of anything.

Monday I took Sophie to Regency and then for the first time to St John's Hospital.  I asked the activity representative if it went successfully and she said yes.  The man that reached out to Sophie didn't do that to other dogs that visited.  Although he didn't want her on his lap, I had to hold her so he could pet her.  Well, my arms and back get tired after a prolonged position like that and I often squat.  But, to see how she brightens up their day makes it all worthwhile.  Between the visits, I went to help our Lincoln Monument Association Director on her computer.  She gave me a salad which really helped hold me over between dog visits because I could take Sophie to her house too.


Ok, so I was curious how close this would be to my pekinese, Sophie.



No comments:

Blog Archive