Monday, June 27, 2016

My Week

I had a busy day Tuesday. Exercise, TDI, My persona at the Lincoln Tomb for History Comes Alive, then honor flight.  Traditional selfie at Honor Flight.
Double exercise day on Wednesday: senior strength followed by senior Zumba. I had an early lunch with Michael so I could meet with Suttons on my porch at 12:30.  While coming home, I got a call that it was back dated to 1:30.  No rush afterall.

I got a bustle dress on ebay.   It will need to be taken in and up for me I wish to portray a later, post Civil War Clara Barton.



I'm scheming with Amy a joint program on Clara Barton...Civil War to Clara Barton later for starting the Red Cross.  Now for script and different hair do.
Not like I need another dress but this is a special "wrapper" because they were similar to a robe that was used around homes during the Civil War.  The lady on the right, Janet, is almost my size.  In fact she made my pale yellow semi-sheer dress.  That's how I learned about the wrapper because I got a pinterest message that said she repinned the photo from "My Wardrobe" to her board "dress she made".

Thursday I went to see A Life Spent with Lincoln at the Iles House.  It was nice to see Doc Temple and Sandy.  Sandy got me into reenacting.  She gave me her traditional Dove chocolates that she used to give me when I volunteered at the Old State Capitol.  I took a short video before my batteries died.

Friday I rode my Yamaha to exercise and then to Capitol City Motorsports to see if my Honda had it's oil changed.  It wasn't ready.  So I went to help with tours at the Lincoln Tomb.  I saw friends from Chatham, Jean and Sue.  They brought a grandson to tour the Lincoln Tomb.  I also was not good at the outside of the tomb tour for groups so when a group of college students showed up I asked to listen in.  After the outside tour, Sam asked them to follow me inside with the red shirt on.  I try to wear red on Fridays in support of the troops.  Trouble is, the students were all wearing red shirts as a group.  LOL.  I picked up the Honda after 5PM and left the Yamaha for an oil change.  It hadn't been changed since 2014.  The ride home felt good.  I wanted it back for Saturday so I could go on a ride with the Vintage Iron Riders on Saturday.   I realize that my car had not moved all day.


In the evening, my neighbor knocked on my door and said his dog was going nuts over the possum in my trap. He took it away. Thanks Travis.

I had a nice Saturday morning ride Vintage Iron Riders to the Havana airport for a car/plane show.  
 The weather was real nice.  



 This plane taking off is Kent Allen's plane.  We worked together.  I like it because it was a little bigger than some of those little planes.  Seems more secure that way.

I had sold a souvenir of Mexico cow hoof decanter at the garage sale 2 yrs ago to another biker whom I hadn't seen since. I saw him Saturday and he said he used it as a gag gift on silent auction. It's been reauctioned off at least 3 times and raised over $200

  Just before coming home on Iron bridge and Plumber by the light at the High School, a small pick up had right of way and this car turned in front - Boom. I was right behind that truck on my motorcycle.

Well riding makes me tired.  Sunday I got up too early.

Well the AMVETS paper is out and my name is on page 5 as  women's veterans affairs advisor to the commander.  Picture on page 10 (below) of all the first-time convention participants.  It was a Sunday morning after our Catholic War Veterans Memorial Mass so I had a uniform from a different organization.
Our post 61 "Member of the Year", Dale, is on page 9.

http://www.ilamvets.org/Portals/0/July2016web.pdf

After church I stopped by Walmart. Basically I needed tomatoes and lettuce for ham salad sandwiches which my son rejected. When I messaged the menu, he brought his own lunch when he came over. I also picked up a patriotic flower wreath while there and replaced an old "happy everything" wreath I had.  It was on sale for only $5 when I ran it under a scanner.  Tag originally was $20.

 I was wanting a patriotic wreath but stores seem to sell so much ugly tinsel and burlap these days and this flower one was classy and marked down a lot. 
 

No comments:

Blog Archive