Monday, June 20, 2016

My week

Monday afternoon I got positive feedback on my bone density test taken earlier in the day.  I was told to continue weight bearing exercise and the fosamax.  I explained that the fosamax prescription had expired.  It's been recommended that 3 to 5 years is all that is needed.
https://www.drugs.com/pro/fosamax.html

I got a functional antique crinoline on ebay in wearable condition and fits too.  I needed something for those narrower skirts.
I have a petti to go over this hoop but I am trying to make one myself too.

Tuesday was a busy day. Exercise, St John's medical clearance as a volunteer, Womens Overseas Service League, TDI, and Lincoln's Funeral ~Distant Memories.

I found a tee shirt at the Goodwill that tells people about my hearing loss. The shirt reads "Your lips keep moving but all I hear is blah blah blah". 
Thursday I had a salesman from Suttons consult on a sun room for my porch replacement.  While measuring the porch I notices some wiring dangling down from my air conditioner unit despite working well.  I fixed it myself.  
Then I did a little house cleaning for summer like the throw rugs rolled up for the summer.  I noticed my Dyson wasn't working very well because of a cracked cover that wouldn't seal.  It may be time to get a new one because 2 way shipping to have it serviced is $50 alone.

Aww, when I got home from the ABATE meeting, there was a note on my door that said "I came to see Sophie signed K" She recently lost her Pekingese mix named Jonah. I went to her house but couldn't get her to the door.  I had visited her earlier after I learned that Jonah died and handed Sophie to her.  She told me about the little things around the house that make it dog proof and now those are little reminders.  She didn't put together that she need dog therapy when I handed her Sophie that day until it dawned on her and then the note on the door.  I let her have Sophie for an hour on Friday while I went to exercise class.  I think she liked that.

I volunteered at the Lincoln Tomb Friday. There's finally a stand so that little people can reach to rub Lincoln's nose. In the past, all I could do was point up the nostril.
 Note very flattering. Note the lightning rod on top of the obelisk.
Some say there is an image of the Virgin Mary in the marble of the rotunda.

 Some say there this panel in marble is an image Lincoln's horse, Old Bob.
When I got home, I took Sophie out and up come 3 motorcycles.  They were members of ABATE and Vintage Iron Riders and offered to get my bike over for an oil change because I can't make a round trip alone.  So Leroy rode Buck to Capitol City Motorsports for an oil Change. I drove him back to my house to pick up his bike he left in my grage. On the way, he told me of the flying saucer June 18, 1957 about where the big cross is on I-72 about 6PM.

   In the evening I stopped by for a free glass of wine at the VFW convention and was in the audience for the later part of the patriotic celebration.

 Saturday I went to the PTSD walk.  I brought Sophie with me.  I felt that was the best use of my time.  The two that spoke brought tears to my eyes.

This photo was taken by the news media.

You can see me and Sophie at about 0:15 on this news video.
http://newschannel20.com/news/local/ptsd-walk-rasing-money-and-awareness

Sophie behaved really well. The 2 mile walk was really a one mile twice around.  I noticed that Sophie was worn so I didn't take her around the second time.  Afterward I went to the VFW convention for free food in the hospitality. I ate with with my post's commander.  Sophie behaved so well there and laid down by my side most of the time. I had to walk past another service dog which made me wonder if Sophie would get excited and playful. I stopped on approach and the handler said OK. We passed perfectly. I was so proud of her. a few asked to pet her and I said that's what shes there for. Unlike the service dogs.

I rode the little Yamaha to church since the weather was nice, traffic was light, and nothing to haul.  I like to think that Sunday mornings the sinning road ragers are absent.
I watched a cartoon: Spirit the Stallion of Cimerron.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbLSjORIdFI
Sunday was just time to spend with my son and watch TV.  I watched a documentary series on Irish castles.

Monday evening I went to the VFW meeting.  Small turnout but many had valid excuses including tomorrow's Honor Flight.  I chipped a tooth just before the meeting.  I have a routine cleaning on Thursday so I don't know if I should go in before that appointment or wait. 

I have difficulty understanding how a little toy dog can eat once a day but poop three times a day.

I watched Hawaii with Julie Andrews on THIS TV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEibxLweEZQ

My sons are listed as new members on Page 43 of the Spring issue of SAR magazine.
http://sar.epubxp.com/i/686652-may-2016

No comments:

Blog Archive