Tuesday, June 7, 2016

My Week

Tuesday, Sophie went to Bubbles of Fun and then on a visit.  The residents wanted to know how Sophie liked her trip.

Wednesday I went to senior strength exercise followed by Zumba light.   I recorded our Zumba number for my sister so she'd understand why I shouted "fireball" when I was a guest at her exercise class when she rolled the arms.

click for lyrics

Then I went to the Goodwill.  In the evening I went to a meeting with the Legion Riders.
Friday I had my tires rotated after exercise.  I got a free doughnut at Krispy Kreme for "National Doughnut Day".  At 1:30 I brought Sophie to an assisted living facility nearby known as the Villas of Southpark.  A little new for me and less people came to the activity room to see us.
When I got home....OMG...I found a package on my door step that said fragile-glass. It was a flag flown over Bagram Field for me on May 6th. (the glass broke but my heart is full of joy knowing my letters an packages affected our troops this way)
Wednesday evening I went to our American Legion Riders meeting.  We are planning a hog roast benefit for the Land of Lincon Honor Flight on Aug 6.

Friday I took my therapy dog to a new place in Chatham known as the Villas of Southpark.  It's an assisted living.  Only one showed up in the activity room while I was there and one of the CNAs asked it I could bring Sophie to a room.  I said yes.  I don't like to randomly knock on doors either.  So the CNA took me to a room and the lady enjoyed a visit too.  Still, I have to ask myself if two make the trip worthwhile.

Saturday I went to a D-day remembrance at the World War 2 memorial.  I had planned to go to the reenactment in Pittsfield but it had rained in the morning but did clear up and so I regretted not going.  I made up for it by going on Sunday.  News click here.  I went to Saturday evening Mass so I could go to Pittsfield the following morning.  There was a lady a few pews ahead that had the tag hanging off her back.  At least it was a nice brown tag.

This little guy was cheering for the Confederate side.  I told him I was going to capture him and take him to a prison camp.  He backed off.  So I told him I had a needle and thread in my basket and I'll sew up his pants so he can't run.  Meanwhile a family of spectators listening with their kids had a chuckle.

So Sean and Moe came over a bit later than usual for my return from the Sunday reenactment.  He was home before me but I sure didn't want to miss their visit 2 weeks in a row.  He was cautious because Moe was interested in the kids playing on the other side of the chain link fence with an inflatable water slide.  It got Moe excited.  Moe doesn't know he can go over a fence but....maybe.  Later the wind picked up and you can imagine what happened to that inflatable the next day.  They should have brought it in.

I have a box going to my adopted soldier shortly and this time I'm making neck coolers.  Instructions here.  
http://www.west-point.org/parent/wpp-grad/Coolers.html 


Monday evening I went to an American Legion meeting.  I took pictures for our post check presentations.


Tuesday I had exercise at 8AM, I got an estimate on porch at 10AM, and a Therapy Dog visit at Reflections at 1:30, retreat ceremony at the Lincoln Tomb at 6.  Very busy!

Since advertising my motorcycles for sale on craigslist, ebay classifieds, and cycle trader, I've gotten emails from the following stating almost the same line:

lorihawk555@gmail.com
stephaniesanch455@gmail.com
malcompatrick22@gmail.com
benjamin.mcgrand@gmail.com
There may have been more that I since deleted.  It goes like this:


Thanks for getting back to me regarding my text...I hope it is in good condition? and there wont be any cause of disappointment if i purchase it from you? I want to buy it for my dad and I am ready to pay the asking price. I'm a Marine Engineer and am currently on sea right now which is strictly no calls. My Mode of payment is PayPal because i don't have access to my bank account online, but i have it attached to my PayPal account. Since I'm requesting this transaction to be done via PayPal, I will be responsible for all the PayPal fees/charges on this transaction, if you don't have an account with PayPal, it's pretty easy, safe and secure to open one. Just log on to www.paypal.com I hope we can make this transaction as fast as possible. Less I forgot, I have a Mover that will come for the pick up once payment is cleared in your PayPal account and they will be handling the everything for me, as I look forward to hearing from you with your PayPal information as requested below.

Your PayPal e-Mail Address :
Full name:
Firm Price:
Address for pick up:

1 comment:

Doug Crossley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blog Archive