Tuesday, May 31, 2016

My Week

I found it comical that Sophie was in the window sill like a cat.
Monday evening I went to Metamora with the dancers.  We referred to this as our dress rehearsal for the seniors at Snyder Village.
Tuesday I took Sophie on a "visit".  A couple of ladies said they were cold and I was comfortable.  I couldn't find my neck scarf that Sophie wears on her visits so I ordered a new one...then found it.   It was hot outside.  I got my fans out of the attic.
Wednesday night I went to the Interveterans Council of Sangamon County.  I'm trying to put together a list of service officers for various posts in case one post needs help with a veteran that the other can provide.  Likewise came up at the meeting, was a list of posts that have color guards so we can rotate those as well for such things as the unaccompanied burials at Camp Butler, Memorial Day, etc.
Friday I went to the opening ceremony for the Memorial Day Wall of Remembrance.  The ceremony is online.  http://livestream.com/blueroomstream/events/5473748?origin=stream_live&mixpanel_id=13770bd015f130-008714995aec0cc-52464b14-1fa400-13770bd0160283&acc_id=1571108&medium=email

I got Sophie a Hol-ee Roller Dog Toy at Petsmart.  It just the right size for a little dog.

Saturday morning I left early for a 6 hour drive to Wisconsin for a graduation party for my sister's grandson.  I brought Sophie with me.  I had to pull over on the highway once because one of her squeeky toys fell out of her booster seat.  On the way there, the bridge was out in Reedstown and I went out of my way.   Coming back I was given a better route. I saw a deer on route SS.  I saw a tree frog.  Pretty noisy frogs for their size.  We visited a park with a covered bridge and even saw a deer run down one path.


Not only was there a covered bridge but a little lake. The walk to the bridge had a recently turned over tree from a recent storm.
This bra of mine has got to go.
That afternoon we went to a graduation party for Lane which was the main purpose of calling this a weekend trip.  Lane Montgomery will be going into the army the following week.  So you see I brought a card for Lane, a retirement card for Dan, and a baby shower card for Kellie.

We sat around and argued about natural peanut butter and PB2. 
Last night with my sisters and brother in law and neighbors of my sister.


I think Sophie behaved well but I had no idea she was food aggressive with other dogs. My nephew and his fiance brought 4 dogs (3 shitzu and a bull terrier mix). Sophie growled when one got near her food. I never knew this because I always put her food up when Moe came over.  I also stopped by Alan in Peoria on the way home and she did it there too with a treat.  Sophie seemed to prefer to drink water from the spring fed pond than the bowl of water from the house.

Before leaving, Ginny and I went to Patty's morning exercise class.  Patty tried to pull a funny by asking the class to wear pink so that her sisters would stand out.  It backfired because I brought my pink exercise clothes.  Ginny wore gray but still had pink lettering.  I must say that the group is very cordial to me and remembered when I exercised there 2 years ago. My sister gave me a nice salad to eat at a rest stop.

My absent neighbor had a citation for the unlicensed boat on the street taped to her door.  I noticed when I got home that the citation was off of the door but the boat still there. Later her Chevy Tahoe had it hitched and I saw her pull off Tues morning around 10am.   

Tuesday I filled my empty tank after leaving Sophie at Bubbles of fun and exercise. I got a car wash to get rid of the bugs from my trip and then a front came in with rain at 11AM.

No comments:

Blog Archive