Monday, May 2, 2016

My Week

I'm pleased to share that Sophie and I were mentioned in the Therapy Dog International's newsletter (pg 22) for achieving TDI-A status.
http://tdi-dog.org/images/Spring_Summer_2016.pdf
I still would like to practice with her approach to other dogs and quit getting all excited and do that spin.

Monday I got my tomato and red pepper plants in the garden before the forecast-ed rain.  I also want to than Graham McCoy for helping me with my rain barrel.  I had other chores but it was important to get these outdoor things done because it won't be pretty in mud if delayed.  Dance practice on Monday night.  It was a warm day and we broke a sweat.
Wednesday I got a real nice coppertone colored dress at the Goodwill for my son's graduation on May 14. I had to drop it off to be hemmed and pick up on May 10.

I exchanged my battery Thursday morning at Mr Battery.  Returned it Thursday evening and got a new one.  I'm going back again in the morning because the nut receptacle is wrong. I tried putting a Que tip in to hold the nut in place but it looks like it's designed for a side screw rather than the top.
This happens every spring....3 trips for batteries. I lucked out on Wheezer with only one trip.
They both need oil change but I can't drop it off alone. I'd have to wait while it happens and right now my mechanic is understaffed for that.  I finally got it running on Friday after asking a young man at Mr Battery how to get the bolt in the proper position and all he did was roll a tiny piece of paper under the bolt hole.  It started.

Wanna buy a Honda Aero?  Seriously.  Followed by American Legion Riders vest?
*:-? thinking
Thursday I went to test and apply for an Illinois Telecommunications Access Corp (ITAC) wireless phone for the hearing impaired.  I thought I would have to wait to apply and use up pre-paid time on my tracfone but it works with my tracfone thru bluetooth.  The amplified phone is free and funded thru a tax on our Illinois phone bills.  The equipment will come in the mail.  I'm really excited about this since I cringe when the phone rings.  I put the phone to my ear and the plastic on my hearing aid touches the red bar to hang up.  People must think I'm rude.

I'd like to congratulate my brother-in-law on his retirement from S&S on the same day as my son's graduation.  So proud of you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvXDujallJs
Friday I spent most of the day at the Lincoln Tomb (10am-4pm).  I had cut the grass because I won't be able to for the next few days.

Saturday Morning I'm at County Market with VFW for Poppy Day.  The Girl Scouts gave us a hand too.  It rained so we were inside.  I wore a camouflaged bucket hat that covered my ears (and hearing aids).

  I was planning to save the afternoon for a Civil War reenactment in Delavan but our Soldiers Aid Society backed out because of the predicted 95% chance of rain.  The weather lightened up for the evening Civil War dance under the pavilion in the evening.  However the concrete floor of the pavilion was damp and slippery for some period shoes.  I took a few photos for the last dance.  This is Bud and Marcia, my favorite dancers, whom I dance with at Metamora.
Even those rascally Rebels had their own dance on the side.

Sunday's sermon said that the "The church is not a museum of saints, but a hospital for sinners."  We are the "boots on the ground".
The rest of Sunday I relaxed.
Monday I made a therapy dog visit and the American Legion meeting.  All for now.

No comments:

Blog Archive