Monday, May 16, 2016

My Week

Tuesday I spent the day at a Women Veterans Conference.  Some of the information I knew and some was new.   I have to write a report on Women Veterans for our Amvets Commander.
 Wednesday morning I got up early, like 4AM.  So I did a few things that were on my mind and thought I had time for a nap before 8:15 AM exercise group.

Thursday is my busy day too.  I had a Therapy Dog Visit at 2PM, Lincoln Monument Association Meeting at 5PM, and Catholic War Veterans meeting at 7PM.
Here are some pictures from past TDI visits found on the facility's Facebook page.

The note on her seat is a picture from an advertisement that had a dog like she used to have and misses dearly.

Friday morning I got dressed up in my period dress for Education Day at the Old State Capitol.  There was 21 buses of students.  I was the time keeper who rang the bell designated the students to switch to the next station for a presentation.  We had Civil War medicine, music, soldiers and ladies dress.  The girls giggled as she put on the split drawers but smiled at the finished product
You can see me in this video at about 2:45.
https://www.facebook.com/StateHistoricSitesOfSpringfieldIl/videos/612945288871102/?pnref=story





Saturday I picked up a cake from Incredibly Delicious that I ordered for my son's graduation.  He didn't want lemon cake. 
 Veterans got a red, white and blue cord.  His degree is called "Liberal Integrated Studies".   It's something like a build your own degree.



..... and the proud mom. We went to eat at Texas Roadhouse (Sean's favorite) but there was an hour wait so we went over to Longhorn and got in a lot quicker.

Sunday morning I went to our monthly memorial Mass with the Catholic War Veterans. Afterward we went to breakfast at Parkway Cafe.  I gave Sean his graduation cake and a card with a check. 
I step out in the yard to see my garden grow.  I planted peas that came up and went down and now coming up again.  Gosh, I don't know.

No comments:

Blog Archive