Tuesday, March 8, 2016

My Week

Tuesday morning I left at 7AM to go to John Cochran's VA hospital in St Louis for a hearing test for VA benefits. Saturday I got a denied letter because there was nothing in my records connecting my tinnitus to my military medical records.  I counter that it's not there because there was no test for it to be found so I'll have to follow-up. It seems I heard the words to repeat better than I heard her instructions.  Afterward, I went to the South County mall to meet with a lady who bought my Peacock Barbie for $20.  I think she wants to use it for a Peacock themed wedding.  That's sweet.  I grabbed a bite to eat at a nearby strip mall that looked interesting with Mediterranean food.  This is Veal raznjici (see the skewers).  The bread had lots of big air pockets and somewhat oily.  I thought that the peppers that I read in the menu were real peppers not the ones in a jar.
I bumped into Sue Shaner from Chatham at the Scott AFB exchange when I stopped there on the way back.  She said she was there to get glasses with her husband whom I missed sitting out in the lobby. 
He's our AMVETS chaplain.
So much going on Wednesday. After exercise, I went to help serve lunch at a funeral at church. 
Wednesdays are supposed to be my fun day to exercise and go to the thrift stores for senior discount day. I wanted to go to the ABATE legislative day then got a call about 4PM the day before for desperate help serving for a funeral.  I missed my lunch with my former coworker but did get in one of the thrift stores.  In the evening I attended our American Legion Riders meeting.

Thursday evening I went to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum for a presentation and book signing  "A Friend of Mr. Lincoln".  It was a persona of a could have been person here in Springfield during Lincoln's time based on his poet society. 

Friday I documented some more dolls to sell on eBay Classifieds and Craigslist.  Since the door was open, I turned the heat off.  In the evening it wouldn't come back on. It wasn't until Monday afternoon that I got it back on.  Bob Bergen didn't charge me since I just had the motor replace 2 weeks ago.  He said it was an easy fix.  I think it had to do with some moisture and nothing that I had done wrong. 

Travis, my neighbor, told me while walking the dog,  that there was a rabbit in my trap at 5:30 AM getting his dog all excited. He came out and let it loose. I thought that I didn't have the pin on right when I checked after this in the morning. Then later I caught a squirrel at 5PM. I did a bad thing and brought Sophie with me. I walked her and she got cockle burs all over. It was horrible. I tried to pull them one by one but eventually needed the scissors. Monday morning I caught another. Well this one will deported as I drop Sophie off at Bubbles of Fun and stopped by the industrial park across from Scheels.  After exercise, I picked Sophie up and we went on a visit to Regency Care.  Nice visit last week too. Making small talk with the residents, I showed off my 50 visit pin. One lady said "50 visits? You've only been here twice".  Ahhh the joys of Memory care.  I like them.

They begged my help at the Lincoln Tomb for Sunday. I was needed.  Jennifer would have been alone and needed a lunch break.  Then she had to put out a smoldering cigarette by the bathrooms.

I got a call from a man in MN regarding a DVD/video he's making for Together We Served.

I'm still fascinated with the movie "The Homesman" because Hillary Swank wore a rational dress which I have for historical interpretation.  However, the first time I watched it I focused on her role.  The second time I focused on George Briggs (Tommy Lee Jones).   The movie did a good job.  I found an article on the costume here:
http://costumedesignersguild.com/articles-videos/pick-of-the-week/the-homesman/ 



No comments:

Blog Archive