Tuesday, March 29, 2016

My Week

Tuesday evening I helped with tours at the Old State Capitol in period attire for the Governor's reception on tourism.   I was told 300 people were expected.  Before the party got started, a couple from Denver with their son having skateboard under the arm happened in for a tour after hours.  They really liked history so I explained how lucky they were and I'd be glad to show them around while servers were preparing hors duoerves.  They explained that they knew I had the right to kick them out at any time.  I'd rather give a tour to someone who's really interested.  And I did.  The boy's eyes lit up during the tour and I could see that spark of interest in history the every tour guide wants.  

Well my family in Wisconsin got lots of snow.  Here's what happened in my neck of the woods.

Wednesday-Thursday morning, I woke up about 12:30 with a knot in my chest making it hard to sleep.  I decided to take my blood pressure and it was high.  I took an aspirin and did the dishes and a half hour later I took my BP and it was a little higher .  I made the tough decision to go to the ER about 2AM.  I was released at 10:30 after an EKG and stress test passing all.  My BP even went down to 116/86 ish.

When I got home I noticed I was locked out of Facebook.  I think I got stuck with one of those phoney clone pages that invites all my friends.

Thursday afternoon I went to my Therapy Dog visit.  One of the ladies that really likes dogs told me that when she inherits a million dollars, she's going to open a dog farm.  I asked her if Sophie would be welcome and she said "why sure".


Friday I covered tours over the lunch hours at the Lincoln Tomb.  I stressed that this was 'LIKE' a little anniversary of Lincoln's death because he died on Good Friday.  The only difference is that it was April 15, 1865.

Saturday I cut my grass for the first time of the year.  I put gas in the little motorcycle cuz it was low.

For Easter I fixed Korean BBQ beef over rice with vegetables on the side for us on Easter.  We watched the Bible on TV and I did a little work on my bonnet.

Here are a few photos from the Vietnam Veterans Commemoration Ceremony.
 Gary Sigler, X-POW was the guest speaker.
 Proud of our bag piper, Joe Smithers:

Joan, a Vietnam nurse, and I get pins.



No comments:

Blog Archive