Monday, March 14, 2016

My Week

Tuesday we had a meeting of the Womens Overseas Service League and I had everyone sign a card for her.  Since Grace was in the Air Force. I got her a Women in the Air Force (WAF) patch.  I actually got one for myself as well but I'm not sure where I'll put it yet.  Grace seemed really happy to have it because we are both members of the WAF association.

 Wednesday I had double exercise class.  I did a little shopping at the thrift stores for senior day and in the evening we had our AMVETS meeting.

Thursday was my busy day: yoga at 8AM, Lenten discussion group 10AM, Therapy dog visit at 2PM, Lincoln Monument Association meeting at 5PM and Catholic War Veterans meeting at 7PM.

Friday I helped out at the Lincoln Tomb.  The buses are coming now and I wasn't sure how groups would be for fielding questions with my hearing impediment.   I think it's a little better but some kids are real quiet.  Then I may just have to confess that I can't hear.

Saturday I got a rabbit in my trap in the morning.  I decided to cross the interstate and use up a gift card for McDonalds and let it go there.  Then I got a squirrel to deport after going to the parade and lunch at the VFW.  So that means  I needed to go shopping on the other side of the interstate. So I went to Hobby Lobby and let it go there.  I was going to put the battery in the bike but the squirrel comes first.   I also sold 3 containers of Barbie dolls from the "Dolls of the World" collection.  Still have a long way to go on reducing the inventory.  After that I dressed for the St Patrick's Day parade with our 114th Illinois Regiment and Soldiers Aid Society.  We were at the beginning of the parade because of the colors.  So I didn't stay for the whole parade.


 Stephanie and I waved our hankies to the crowd and kids.
 Robin and Peggy held our Soldiers Aid Society banner.  Robin is a new member so holding the banner is like a two year tradition.   Heck if I was on one end it would be lop sided.
This was just before our newest member, Robin, showed up at the staging area.  When she came, she had the honors of carrying our banner. I didn't wear my glasses but put them in the pocket I had made and wore for the first time.

Kids dressed in green were fun to look at.  I really liked this candid shot that Troy took on the sidelines.
Overall, I wish I'd have worn my petticoat.  I thought that the strong, six-ring, crinoline and heavy wool would hide the rings but there's more to that.  The petti would help make the bell shape rather than the cone shape.  I also feel the alternations to the jacket worked but I need to move my waistband button in on the skirt.  Either I lost weigh or the corset took my waist in and I needed safety pins.  I don't wear this in the summer because of the wool which is very authentic.

Our banner carriers were featured in the newspaper.
  http://visuals.sj-r.com/springfield-st-patricks-day-parade-saturday-march-12-2016/

Sunday morning I walked my dog under an umbrella. It was a little tricky avoiding worms.
I got up early for Daylight Savings Time and had to be at church at 8am because it was our Catholic War Veterans Mass.  It was a first time holding a monthly memorial Mass at my parish.  Apparently many wanted to sleep in too since the congregation was a little light.  Afterward we had breakfast at the Chatham Cafe.  Then I volunteered at the Lincoln Tomb from 12-4PM.  It rained moderate and steady all day.  The tomb also was moderate and steady with visitors ~ mostly families taking advantage of spring break.  The afternoon went fast.  I usually try to keep Sunday's free because my son visits while doing his laundry.  I asked him if Moe missed me and his dog did seem to look around for me.

No comments:

Blog Archive