Monday, March 21, 2016

My Week

Monday I got both of my motorcycles ready by myself.  Ohhhhh not without a little strain.  I put the battery in Buck (750 Honda Aero) and notice the license plate expired in December.   So I took care of that since the state no longer mails out renewals.  I was not charged a late fee.  The State of Illinois quit sending out renewals last year.  Then I was reminded to check the air in the tires and it was low.  Wheezer (250 Yamaha) on the other hand needed a new battery because it was dry despite the trickle charger.  A maintenance free battery won't fit.  It too had a low tire.  For my reward, I took it around the block and got a mint Blizzard.

Tuesday my allergies kicked in with sneezing and runny nose.   I picked up some Benadryl  ~ the kind that knocks you out.  These are the days you get little done.  You pace around trying to do stuff and tire out easily.  This continued Wednesday too.  I went to senior strength class but skipped the Zumba that followed.  I just don't have that much energy.  I need to save it to walk the dog because she doesn't understand.

Thursday evening I went to our ABATE meeting.  We had a pot luck celebrating St Patrick's day.  Many were in green.  I snapped this photo of a shirt that amused me.

Saturday I went to our Soldiers Aid Society meeting.   Everyone else was  making sewing bricks but I did not participate.  I worked on an unfinished bonnet instead.  In the evening I went to a history trivia contest.  My table didn't wing but we had a good time trying.

Sunday after church I went on the ABATE Easter Basket Run.  I had prepared 3 baskets.   I drove because my car warning said conditions were icy but that didn't stop some 50 + other bikers with balls of steel.  3 Easter Baskets in tow for our less fortunate youth.
Above photo was clipped from the State Journal Register.

It was a pleasure brightening the lives of the handicapped youth and made me feel thankful having two healthy sons.

Monday after exercise I went to our Therapy Dog visit to Regency.  Then I went to Camp Butler for a Patriot Guard (flag line only portion) for a marine and his wife, Eugene and Barbara Scattergood, who died a few days apart from each other. 

Akk!   My dandelions opened before my daffodils.

No comments:

Blog Archive