Monday, December 28, 2015

My Week

I had checked into getting insurance for my hearing aids and was quoted as $350 a year.  That's more than my car insurance so I turned that down.  My aids are under warranty till 2019 but not for loss or water.  I would probably have to get a new pair every 4-5 years anyway.  I think I'll just have to self insure.
Two of my Christmas cards were returned in the mail.  One of the recipients had sent me a card with same address that was in the return address.  It cost me 71 cents to mail this returned card.  I loved this card and it was my favorite pick for this year with all the lovely paper cutting work.

Wednesday, after exercise, I had my semi annual dental cleaning.  This was the first time with hearing aids so I asked Kip if patients usually took them out.  She said they did so I put them on my lap.  I had lunch with Michael for the last of this year. I did a little senior day shopping at the thrift store and found  a dress that will be perfect to wear to Star Wars.   I picked up my period glasses from Bergh-White in time for the evening holiday walk.  I told the gentleman that fitted me that many have asked me if my glasses were real.  I helped at the final evening of the downtown Springfield Holiday Walk at the Old State Capitol.  We had a good crowd at the Old State Capitol.  The weather was warm and windy and many states had tornados.  The moon was nearly full as random clouds went by.  The city has a bus all lit up for the holidays that plays music.  You can see a video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLi88h1axCY

I celebrated Sophie's third birthday on her adoption day of 12/22/14.  Now I learn from her chip by logging in online that her birthday is really 12/21/12.  Now she is 3 years old.

Everybody seems to be sharing photos of their tree on Facebook. I have a fence around the tree for the guest dog....Hank. Not only does he like socks...he likes bras too.

I decided to offer him my rags from my sack.  He did ruin a pair of patriotic mittens I had by the closet.
I got a gourmet stollen at Aldi like we had in Milwaukee.  My sons and I went to Christmas Eve Mass.  How nice to see the lit up sky with a full moon on Christmas eve.  Alan stayed the night and Sean commuted from the other side of town. When Alan got up on Christmas morning he opened a beer.  Even his dad waited till after the coffee pot was empty.  This worries me.

For Christmas I got a table for my laptop, aroma diffuser, ceramic knives, tilted wine glasses, gift cards and fabric cases for my glasses from my sister.  I was also treated to the movie.

First Full Moon On Christmas Since 1977
As Santa made his way across the world he was helped by the light of a full moon early this morning [Dec 25], which is actually the first full moon to fall on Christmas Day since 1977, and according to astronomers there will not be another full moon on Christmas Day until 2034.  The last time it happened was 1977..... hmmmm the original Star Wars was released in 1977 and the new one released now.  Now I saw a few people I knew there in Star Wars tee shirts and leggings.  I tried to go with a cape from reenacting, hair roll like reenacting, earrings from reenacting. Tan dress and belt from Salvation Army topped off the core of things for that desert planetary look. I really liked the 3D perspective on the bridge which showed a lot of depth. I asked for the hearing impaired headset.
There I am outside the theater with my headset for the hearing impaired and my 3D glasses in hand.
Saturday I took my trash to the curb since we will be a day late due to the holiday.  I also took my neighbor's to the curb since they are out of town.   I walked Sophie early since rain was predicted.  That was a good move because shortly after the walk, the rain came. Then I helped the Old State Capitol tours to cover their lunch hour.  I'm glad I brought a book because it wasn't very busy.

Our church was nicely decorated with evergreens and poinsettias.  I donated one in honor of my adopted soldier.
  I've been working with the family tree for quite some time.  I've made a little head way too.  My sons are eligible for Sons of the American Revolution.  I know they feel proud of this heritage.  Sleeping on the issue made me wonder if I should pay their membership knowing that they have no children and their seed is a dead end? 

All of this mild weather has now turned to rain and flooding in Illinois.  Tomorrow it will freeze and I no longer kept my ice skates.

No comments:

Blog Archive