Tuesday, December 8, 2015

My week

Sunday I broke the wish bone from last week's turkey with my son and won. Ha, I told him now he has to get married.

 Tuesday the rain cleared up and I went to the 8th Annual Nativity Dedication at the state capitol.  I got the time mixed up and thought it started at 11AM but really was at noon.  I got there early enough to learn that Molly Metzgar is a tour guide at the capitol.  The crowd was down from past years.  We presented the statehouse wreath from Wreaths Across America.  Here's the program.


Wednesday I went on a day (or shall I say evening) trip to St Louis with the Mariner Club through the bank.  I went to the Cathedral and Winter Garden Glow.I got my picture taken in the snow globe on one foot.  Someone outside the globe held my camera and waved me to back up because of the light.  I hopped.
I was not feeling well on the bus trip and made frequent stops to the rest room.  I went to my yoga class but coughed a lot so I canceled my trip to the nursing home with Sophie.

I got a good deal on an antique lace shawl for reenacting for $50 on Ebay.  These things usually go for a lot more.  It's different because it ties at the neck.

Lot of frost Friday morning.   Back screen porch is all frosted like glass.

Well at 2pm I went to Carlinville for a ceremony with a Civil War flag dedication that had recently been restored.  The flag belonged to 122nd Regimental Flag Ceremony in Carlinville.
 
After that I went  to the Chiara Center to see the Nativity Festival.  My little plastic Nativity was exhibit 89 of 112.  It will be going on all weekend. The staff took the batteries out and without the music, this nativity looks like cheap plastic.
On the way home I had a low tire light but it was late and also cold so that was typical for a temperature change.  However, Saturday morning my rear tire was flat as a pancake.  That changed my morning plans to go to a meeting with the Soldiers Aid Society.  Instead I pumped up the air compressor and carefully drove to Discount Tires where I got them and had a warranty for flats. When I got there he told me that my tread was below the legal limit and instead of a repair he recommended new tires.  He did say the tires were evenly worn.  I asked a lot of questions and he noticed the dog tag on my keys and asked if I was military.  I said yes.  After showing my ID, he gave me a discount.  I missed the discussion on Civil War toys but I got there in time to  take a vote on our dues increase.  At 1PM is the Christmas memorial at the State Vietnam memorial. It was nice to see the governor there to read the names of the KIAs from Vietnam as a member of the audience placed an ornament on the fur tree.

At 6PM I went to the 1850s Christmas at the 1st Presbyterian Church about the same time as the Christmas Parade.  I wore my gold headdress that came in the mail that day.  I had a picture of me wearing it by my expression was less than favorable.

Sunday I went to our Catholic War Veterans memorial Mass in Rochester. I really didn't do much Sunday.  It really was a day of rest.  Probably in part because I wasn't feeling up to par.
Monday I had a follow up appointment and got a different pill.  It was a probiotic.  I took it right away and then off to the ceremony for Pearl Harbor on Lake Springfield.

I didn't go to exercise for 2 days.  The TRX straps have been crowded lately.  I had a squirrel I needed to release far away and deported HIM.  By the time I got to the gym the parking lot was really full and I a little late.  So I went to use my penny pincher coupons at County Market since I sure needed some yogurt for the probiotics.  Nearby I stopped by my insurance agent and told him about the 3 letters that I got in the mail switching my agent to Peoria as a result of my son getting off my policy. 
Well, I wanted to insure my hearing aids anyway.

And how is your week?

No comments:

Blog Archive