Monday, November 30, 2015

My week

Tuesday I found my roaster and decor for Thanksgiving in the attic.  My Wednesday plans were changed for a higher calling.  Tuesday my son's car that he had for 15 years had given up.  I changed my preparation plans for Thanksgiving and told him to pack an overnight bag for him and his dog, Hank.  After missing my senior strength class, I made the 9:15 Zumba gold class (which I suffered sore legs on Thanksgiving Day).  Then picked up the fresh free range turkey that I had ordered at Humphrey's Market.  I got hungry at the smell inside the store so I knew I should have their lunch in the deli before hitting the road.  I drove to Peoria to pick up my son.  From there we stopped by his stranded car and got his insurance card and drove to Bloomington for his loan check from the bank.  Then to Glen Carbon to Enterprise Sales to pick up a new car.  I had driven over 400 miles on Wednesday.  

Above is the ad for the car that he bought.  Now to figure out what happened to his old Intrepid that won't go in reverse.  By Monday he learned that his car died on a part that may cost $200.  I think he'll fix it and sell it.

 Cooking was done while playing with 3 dogs. Then when Sean arrived there were 4 dogs and 3 people.  Hank was into everything.  He even got into the lint that I was saving from the dryer for my fireplace starter.  Later we all took a walk around the block. The meal turned out well and I succumbed to tripthaphane.  
Friday evening I went to a Civil War Dance at the Peoria GAR hall.  I had a great time.  I recorded The Bowers dance which I've never done. 

Of course the first Christmas decoration should be the Advent Wreath as it signifies the count-down to Christmas.
 Then I set out my Christmas Angel and Sophie barked at her.  It was funny but not surprising since she barked at Halloween lawn ghouls when I took her on walks.
 Sunday I was a Eucharistic Minister for the first Sunday of Advent.  I picked up a pledge card from the Angel Tree for a gift card. Then I went on the Sid Wood toy run. It was too cold for me to ride so I drove gifts in my car and wore my Mrs Claus dress.  Once there, I rode on the back of Santa's Can Am.
 I thought that the sunglasses would cross over for a mild biker look (also the boots).
I had a scare when I discovered that I was missing my right hearing aid.  I found it in my Mrs Claus wig.  It is so light weight that I didn't miss it for a long time.


Here's the news article on the Toy Run.
http://www.sj-r.com/article/20151129/NEWS/151129581 

Monday I took Sophie on 2 therapy dog visits.  Her regular bi-weekly visit at Regency Care and since I didn't go on Thanksgiving I went to Reflections.

Here's the headdress that I ordered and will be receiving in the next few days.  I was hoping it would get here in time for the ball on Nov 14th but it didn't and I made my own for that occasion.  I liked what I made using silk from a tie but I can see that the cut is fraying on the one that I made.  This will have period correct fabric.
 Oh how I wish I could speak the way the Victorians did.  Example in this article.
http://www.accessible-archives.com/2015/09/how-to-make-beautiful-homes-1865/?fb_action_ids=10206891935209656&fb_action_types=og.comments

My service reflections will be a the December highlight for Together We Served.
http://airforce.togetherweserved.com/usaf/voices/2015/104/Connolly_voices.html

No comments:

Blog Archive