Monday, November 2, 2015

My Week

Sure seems like I'm tracking a lot of leaves into the house.  I even noticed leaves on the undercarriage of my car and thought that the squirrels were nesting there.  Sophie has a mop load attached after every walk.  I've raked and mulched but there's a lot of competition of those leaves to get in my door.

Tuesday evening I tried to do the audit at the VFW but the person I needed to contact was not there.  I still had a nice chat. Then I went to a picnic with the 114th Illinois Regiment.  After that I went to the Honor Flight homecoming at the airport.  I bumped into a member of our AMVETS post (Francis Sprinkle) there and introduced him to Bill Mackiney who stopped attending meetings but continues to go to the Honor Flight homecomings.  Here I am with Francis Sprinkle.  I know it was hard for him to come because of his cane.
After that I went to pick up my Rosemary Zombie Girl Halloween prop that I had left last year for repairs.  She still doesn't lurch forward.  Then I got gas because it was going up based on various prices around town.  By the time I got to bed it was after midnight.  I got up at 8:30 and missed taking my recycles on the curb and my senior strength class.  I did make it in time for Zumba Gold though.
I had sent about 30 letters to the veterans for their "mail call" and Monday I got the following letter in reply on Monday's mail.  It was sent to the wrong address but the carrier caught it.
I was totally surprised so it was like reverse mail call.
Thursday I had yoga and from there I drove to Orland Park to pick up my coffin.  It's nice wood work with lots of character.  Just before getting home, I noticed it was time for an oil change so I stopped at Speedy Lube before they closed.
Friday morning I had a hearing test at Springfield Clinic with no improvement after the steroids.  I ordered hearing aids on Friday from Audibel. They are regularly about $9,000 but I can get them for  $4k with the discount through being an Amvet member.   She said that was better than the state's $600 copay. The sample hearing aids I wore were wifi from her computer.  Hearing her talk to me brought a tear because I felt so lost in conversations.
I should have the hearing aids in time for the Civil War Ball at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum on Nov 14th.

My car got a new filter and wipers on Friday.  Getting all ready for winter.  I plan to get a new battery soon too.  I'm just stretching that out till after my hearing aids.

Saturday I took Sophie to the nursing home's Halloween party.  It was awkward being there at noon because everyone was eating so I sat by the TV lounge.  Great costumes though.  They did have a lot of extra food and they gave me some too.

In the evening my son came to help with trick or treaters since there are few in his neighborhood and he could do laundry too.  I prepared to go to the Rocky Horror Show live at the Hoogland.  No...I'm not a cast member.

this was taken with my son's cell phone.  These below were taken at the Hoogland Center for the Arts.  Here we are before the show.  I gave her the mark of the "V" for her virgin showing of Rocky.  She said she had a good time.  We blew up a few red balloons representing the "cherry" to pop and started up the volley ball pre-show.  I saved one balloon that got popped during the flat tire scene.  It's a good thing I have the script nearly memorized because of my hearing impediment.
 This is one of the Usherettes from Rocky that had lights in her hair.
 My friend wanted a picture with some of the cast members after the show.  I know she had a good time.  What goes on at Rocky ~ stays at Rocky (except for this photo).
I had 41 trick or treaters visit.  My son did his laundry during trick or treat to help hand out candy since there are few in his neighborhood.  Now my other son lives in a very family neighborhood and had 125.  I gave him glow sticks and jugs when we met earlier in the week for his birthday.
I got the Daylight Savings mixed up and got up too early.  I did have a headache from the show and getting up too early.
I must say I was impressed with the efforts everyone made towards costuming and yard decor this year.  8-10 years ago, kids just came to the door with a sack begging.

I got the daylight savings time  backwards and got up an hour early instead of an hour later.  I was tired.  Sunday's sermon was related to Halloween for what little I could hear.  Father used the analogy of a pumpkin with us.  God finds us in a field and washes the mud from the pumpkin.  Just as we remove the pulp and seeds, God had cleansed us.  Then he carves a happy face and puts a candle inside to light our soul.  Now I don't hear very well but that's the sermon I got.

Monday morning I dropped Sophie off at Bubbles of Fun for a grooming while I went to exercise.  I shipped a box to an airman this time and paid my utility bill before picking Sophie up.  Then I took her to the Regency nursing facility where she got to make a few people smile.  

No comments:

Blog Archive