Monday, November 16, 2015

My Week

Well there is much discussion over the terror attack in Paris.  Be vigilant!

Tuesday I went to our Womens Overseas Service League meeting followed by a therapy dog visit.  In the evening I went to Peoria to pick up a ball gown from Lydia who altered it.  I think I left it with her about a year and a half ago and told her to take her time.  I stopped by my son to drop off some mail and a wall Christmas Tree for his home like the one I gave Sean.

Veterans day was busy.  I started off with a free breakfast at HyVee that was very well attended and I got to see a few of my friends there.  Sen Sam McCann helped serve and the scouts posted colors.   Here is the Catholic War Veterans entry in the Springfield Veterans Day Parade.

I was pleased with the turnout at the parade.  High winds were predicted and almost tornado-like but that's what happens with warmer weather in November.  The weather held off (mostly) till late in the day. 
Last Sunday's memorial Mass photo was published in the Catholic Times.  The editor was there because of the first Patriotic Rosary.  See previous weekly blog. 


At exercise class the AM, Jeanie from Auburn gave me the front of their local paper and I was on it from their veterans assembly.  Ok, so I made the front page on 2 papers in one week ~  as someone mentioned to me awhile ago ..."it just means your frequently in the right place". 

By the way, I forgot to mention last week when I discussed this assembly, that I reported a 4" black lizard crawling on the floor of the bathroom.  Some students and faculty removed it and were surprised.
Friday I made a headdress for the ball on Saturday at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum.   I used 100% silk for the ribbon lappets from a a tie I bought at the Goodwill. 

 I did my hair with the Conair Vintage Roll that I got from Walgreens. 
Saturday I went to the Civil War ball at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum with the  33rd Illinois Volunteer Regiment BandSo I sat down with President Lincoln and proceeded to tell him what I wanted for Christmas.  Then I remembered he wasn't THAT kind of bearded guy.  I wished I'd have straitened out the collar before this picture was taken.  I was just inside the gift shop at the museum.
  Here is the "before" picture which really fell off the shoulders down to my waist.
This was a first time I wore this dress after Lydia altered the bertha from the saggy neckline.  It looks like it still could use a little more tacking down.  Now I know that stores have Christmas displays and they need to inspire before Thanksgiving.  However, I have seen a tree in a home while walking my dog and lights on 5th street.

Sunday morning I did the 1st reading at Mass.  While waiting in the back of the church to process and place Gospel book on the alter, the ushers and I noticed a couple come with a black dog on a leash and training vest.  Now I had been told that the dog barked during Mass but I didn't hear it.  I still have some difficulty in large rooms.  I did however hear shrill sounds from children.  I'll take the dog's bark over that any day.  Around mid-day, my right device said "battery" into my ear.  Then a few hours later, the left ear heard "battery".

Well Saturday my car warned my to get my engine checked so I have an appointment.  I also made an appointment to have my eyes checked.  So plans are in the works for the coming week.


 

No comments:

Blog Archive