Monday, December 14, 2015

My Week

My son pointed out that my photo from last year was the teaser for the State Journal Register's share your photos with Santa submissions.
http://extras.sj-r.com/photo-galleries/reader/send-us-your-santa-and-me-photos/16638/

Tuesday I had a luncheon with our Womens Overseas Service League.  One of the few meetings that we had a good attendance and we shared some small gifts.  I was especially excited to recieve a personalized mug rug from Sue with her advanced sewing.


In the evening I went to Mass for the Feast of the Solemnity of Mary.  Seemed odd that 2 parishioners wheeled in on knee scooters and another in a foot cast.   I showed Dan a little German smoker that I had found in a thrift store for about a dollar.  He agreed that it was a smoker but that the bottom was stuck.  I gave it to him to look at.

Wednesday morning didn't start off too good since I didn't keep down my pills.  I took it easy but in the evening I attended our AMVETS Post Christmas dinner at Old Luxumburg.  I had lobster.  I met a former boss there, Nita, and told her about the stroke that Steve had.

Thursday morning I went back to Powerworks for Yoga class after being away a few days.  In the evening I had another Christmas Party with our Catholic War Veterans post at  the Chesapeake Seafood house.
 Friday I addressed my Christmas cards and wrapped a few presents.  What a mess without the cat.

Saturday morning we had such a fog.  I could see stars above but not far in the distance.  Everything is wet.  I took a squeegee to my car only to have it wet again.    I also got my stuff ready for Saturday which is busy.  I went to Wreaths Across America at Camp Butler, then the Holiday Walk and then the American Legion Christmas party.
Springfield hit a record temperature of 70 and the previous record was 64.
http://www.sj-r.com/article/20151212/NEWS/151219844
 This picture was published in the paper from the Historic Christmas Walk with Robin West from Bloomington at Edwards Place Historic Site.
http://www.sj-r.com/photogallery/LS/20151213/NEWS/121209999/PH/1
Although I saw the photo online (and clipped it above), I didn't realize it too up a good portion of the page in the print edition.


I portrayed Elizabeth Todd Edwards and I felt I could connect with the kids there as I told them about my rocky, yet steadfast relationship with my sister.  Elizabeth was displeased that Mary chose to marry down in class and also a difference in political parties.  Mary gave her sister only one day to prepare a wedding while Elizabeth was 7 months pregnant and 2 children in the home.  But when things were bad during Willie's death, Elizabeth came to her sister's side.  When Abraham was assassinated, She came again.  Mary wed and died in Elizabeth Todd Edwards home.  Blood prevails.

Sunday morning I read the second reading at Mass.  Fr Manny told us to rejoce but that he couldn't find a pink/rose colored vestment for the service of Advent.  It was warm but this time with rain.  It rained all day so there was no choice but to walk my dog in the rain.

Monday morning I took Sophie to Bubbles of Fun while I went to exercise.  When I picked her up we went to a therapy dog visit to Regency Care.

Looks like I only had a few days respite for saving on my heat bill and now it's time to turn it back on.  I was about to mail a letter to my adopted soldier and I'm glad I waited for the mail to arrive because I got a thank you card for the box that I sent.  Made my day that I made someone else's day.

No comments:

Blog Archive