Tuesday, January 5, 2016

My Week

I went to visit a fellow female veteran who was recently hospitalized for heart surgery.
I took Sophie with me since we had just left a visit from the nursing home. I told her I'd be happy to watch her dog, Jack, if she ever needs me.  She had a double by-pass on Dec 13th.  Black on black doesn't show very well but I'm holding a miniature pinscher.   Jack was calm for a mini-pin.  She welcomed Sophie in her home and Sophie just explored every room in the house.  Sophie wasn't

In my last blog I mentioned a returned Christmas card to my niece whom I'd gotten a card from with the same address in the return corner so I sent it again.  It came back again.  I give up.

Wednesday I exercised at both of our senior classes: strength group and zumba gold.   I did a little shopping at the thrift stores since it was senior discount day and then spent 3 hours with Polly putting together a lineage sheet for my son's application into the Sons of the American Revolution.  Sunday I got the required signatures on the form.  Now to find out about my other son and the fees for a life membership as I know from experience that annual dues collection is a pain.  I also need to find out if there's a discount to submit them together.

I spent New Year's eve with reenacting friends at U. S. Grant's house.   We played some nice games like truth or lie.  I'm not a very good liar. 


 I wore my tiara instead of a hat.  I love the dress that I found at the Salvation Army but it does leave little sparkles on the floor.  The dress and jacket were hung in different areas of the store and I happened to find the pair.


Saturday I got a new soundbar and TV that helps with my hearing loss.  I gave away my old TV because it was not compatible with the soundbar even though it was only about 3 years old.

Sunday I went to Mass at the cathedral for our monthly Memorial Mass with the Catholic War Veterans.  Now that it's getting colder I'm trying to get the house cleaned up.  I found the other tennis shoe under the bed that I had given up looking for and threw the other away.  Ha!

I packed two boxes to send to lady airmen serving overseas and made a trip to the Post Office.  Paid a few bills.  I did some running around to get back ground material for a VA claim on my hearing loss.  I found some records of my assignments and my firearms training card.  I then took my Nissan Murano to the mechanic to look at a check engine light and it seems there is a sensor problem so I have another appointment for that on Thursday.
In the evening I went to the American Legion meeting.

No comments:

Blog Archive