Monday, January 25, 2016

My Week

Well I walked Sophie around the block and not just down the cul-de-sac.  Brrr.

I think I know why I didn't use the water proof camera much...2 photos and the battery is empty. It happens with 2 batteries that I have alternated in the charger.  After a week, my other camera seems to have a normal picture again. Maybe the problem was the cold.

I had a box that I sent to a soldier returned despite the remarks to turn it over to the chaplain.  I hate wasting postage only to examine the contents and reuse them. 
The box was in bad shape and the Fretos were open and crumbled inside. I quit the Ladies of Liberty team and will just stick with the deployed adoptions team.  The only drawback is that I have to try to vary the same old contents every month going to the same person but a one time package they don't have repeat contents.  I'm tried my first themed box for the Superbowl.

Since the PBS is showing a mini-series called "Mercy Street" facebook fans promoting the show have had an app to tintype a photo on your facebook page.  I tried it with a few.




This picture was taken at the Old State Capitol in Springfield.
This is my latest ball gown taken by the Christmas Tree in the shop at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum.  Only drawback is that the bertha is flipped up.

  Wednesday we woke to at least 4" of snow.  My electric snowblower did not start.  Needless to say, not many showed up for our exercise class at 8AM.  There was only 3 of us and I was a little late due to shoveling.  Then we were supposed to have Zumba but I was the only one.  I told our instructor, Patty, to go home because I was sore from shoveling and the preceding senior weight class.
Thursday I did paperwork at the clinic for my hearing and took it to the VA for a benefits application.  Now the ball is in the VA court. Then I went to pick up wreaths at Camp Butler. They were nearly done but glad that I came and helped for that last hour. There was a funeral planned at noon so we had to finish. 
Then I got my garage side door measured by Lowes. I need a  special order the door size and it should arrive around Feb 12.  Later I had a TDI visit and this evening, an ABATE meeting. Whew.
Friday I went to my exercise class and had double TRX and senior strength.  Then I stopped at Ruggless Auto regarding my "check engine soon" light.  It's another sensor than the other two senors I've had worked on.  I guess I'm on a roll to repair all 100 some sensors.  Then I stopped by and arranged for my new door and it seems to be a good idea to use the 6 months same as cash.   Apparently I never activated my Lowes credit card so that delayed my check out.  I had a choice of the 10% veteran discount or the 5% to pay upfront.  So I was ahead with the military discount and can pay over time.
Then I went to the Old State Capitol to try to get back into the swing of things since I now have hearing aids.  I gave a tour to a couple from Chicago that walked in.  Other than that, the excitement was trying to get rid of a starling flying around inside the building.  
Saturday we had our Soldiers Aid Society workshop.  We were learning netting.  Lisa had shared her skill that she learned in a workshop and she's been making lovely shawls.  Here she holds her antique tools.   It looked easy but....


 It looked easier than it actually was. I got that loop knot in the wrong place. I got the thread wrapped around the clamp at times. I got too taught at times and couldn't pull my fingers out. After a while I got a system down. Maybe in 5 years I can make a netted shawl.  That would be nice since I can't knit or crochet.  This is the goal.

Sunday I read the second reading at Mass to substitute for someone out of town.
This year I've been trying to cross my legs less often.  It's hard when trying to hold something up like a book or my laptop. Well at least I'll try.
Monday I got up a bit late and it was difficult to get to Sophie's appointment at "Bubbles of Fun".  I exercised while she was being groomed and then when I picked her up, I took her on a TDI visit.  Monday evening, I went to dance practice for a ball on Lincoln's birthday.  Whew.   ~ till next week.

No comments:

Blog Archive