Monday, December 1, 2014

My Week

This week has been cold then warm than cold.  I turned my heat off for two days.

Monday evening while I was at dance practice in Metamora, the grand jury verdict in Ferguson was declared and violence broke out despite all that "peaceful protest" talk.
Our favorite demo dances at Snyder Village two weeks ago were partly a surprise.  No doubt about "Black Moccasin" but we were a little surprised about the "Jackson Reel" and the new Hay we added.  In addition, our group's leader had put out a survey for an article about the dancers and he was most surprised but the response question, "are you nervous?".  He felt some that said no he expected to say yes and visa-versa.

Tuesday I had chicken at the VFW at 5PM and then I went to a meeting of the Soldiers Aid Society.

Wednesday I did some more browsing the Thrift Stores.  Not much.  I met Michael at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum to go through the new exhibit that I didn't see last week during the ribbon cutting.  I was going to go to line dance at the VFW but the weather didn't look good.  It snowed all afternoon and we got over 2 inches by morning.  In fact, it resulted in a fatal accident of a teen driver.  Besides, I still had preparations to make for Thanksgiving.   I picked up a few items at the store.  I made mince pie.  Ya know, you can't find them in the bakery so you have to make it yourself.  On the up-side, at least I can add rum.

Thanksgiving I watched An Old Fashioned Thanksgiving on the Halmark Channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7TLII3e5t4
Alan turned the corner as I was walking Marley down the block.   He started making mashed potatoes by the time we got around the block.  Sean arrived shortly thereafter with pumpkin pie, wine, and prosciutto cheese roll.

Friday I went to see the Festival of Trees at the fairgrounds.  It was more crowded than I thought it would be.  I expected everyone to be at Black Friday.  I must admit that I agreed with the ribbon judging on those lovely trees.  In the evening I went to Peoria for a Civil War Dance at the GAR hall.  I noticed a wire bone coming out of my hoop so I slipped it back in.  When I got home I pulled all three rings out and washed and starched it. 

Saturday morning I interviewed a great dane for adoption.  That didn't go very well.  She hated my Marley real bad.  I brought my son with me and he took this picture.  Afterward, we wanted to see how Marley reacted on Moe's turf since he usually brings his dog to my house.  I also wanted to learn how Marley did on steps to the basement since I don't have a basement.  That went well once I put her paws on the first step down she then came all the way.  Then Sean carried Moe down.  We coaxed the dogs back up.  Marley was hesitant but came up for a treat.  Moe observed.  He wouldn't come for the treat.  So we left him there and sat on the couch.  About 3 minutes we heard him thump his way up.  Good deal.
I finally got around to taping off my side entrance to the garage and spray painted it white.  It sure looks a lot better.  I started setting up my Christmas display as Sunday was the beginning of Advent.  I picked a name to brighten Christmas through Mercy Ministries from our Angel Tree.  Her name is Kiki and she's 37 years old.

My Advent Wreath and Nativity are up.  I'll  put up the lights on the stand up stakes tomorrow.  Last year it was so cold that I couldn't get the stakes out of the ground until March.

I got my quarterly news from the Womens Overseas Service League and some photos that I submitted were published. 

No comments:

Blog Archive