Monday, November 24, 2014

My Week

Cold!   That was Tuesday.  I didn't leave the house.  Accomplished very little.  I did finish my "busy bee" pin.  I put a log in the fireplace.

Wednesday I went to my usual thrift shop.  I found a brand new grommet flag for under $4 hanging with the curtain rack.

Thursday afternoon I volunteered at the Old State Capitol.  In the evening at 6PM I went to a "members only" special ribbon cutting at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum for a new exhibit - “Undying Words”.  Afterward I went to our ABATE meeting at 7PM.

Friday I went to a dinner with the seniors at church.  We had a guest from PowerWorks.  They have a program called silver tennis shoes.  There's also a discount for state retirees but I'm not sure if it will apply to me since I am not on the state insurance health plan. 

Saturday I participated in the American Legion color guard for our Chatham Holiday Parade.  It was a kick off for Holiday on the Square.
I was surprised we had 55 degree weather after the cold week we had.  We were blessed with a brief break in the weather.  I wore my Legion Riders Jacket.  It can be good recruiting look sometimes for those watching.  The Legion Hall had vendor booths and the Legion Riders provided donuts, drink and hot dogs for a donation.  I bought some brown knit fingerless gloves from one of the vendors. 

Sunday I went to help with the ABATE Thanksgiving dinner for the homeless and seniors.  I brought 3 deserts.  There was a lot of help so I didn't stay the whole time.   I took pictures for the facebook page and newsletter.

Marley insisted on going for a walk in the rain. Gave me a chance to use a new patriotic umbrella I got Monday night at the VFW. I guess if there's no thunder and she really has to go, she'll pester me for a walk.

Monday I had a video skype call with my sister, Patty.  I have had video chats before with others on via Yahoo and Gmail but not on Skype ...  until now.  


 

No comments:

Blog Archive