Tuesday, November 11, 2014

My Week

My last blog mentioned that my son's dog chewed up my antique fur muff.  I was devastated not to mention all the down feathers everywhere.  Well I've been redeemed with this find on ebay for $10.50 + shipping.

My furnace was blowing cold air yesterday. I pulled out the manual and it seemed to say that the flashing red light meant it needed service. I called Mike to check it for me. I explained that the warranty expired on Oct 31st. He didn't see a problem until he noticed that the thermostat was flashing for a battery replacement. I explained that when I replaced the batteries that the flash didn't go away. I gave him some more batteries and he programmed it for me free of charge. Mike is today's angel.

I found a hand clipper at Goodwill and cut my cana down.  I dug up the roots and gave them to Sean because he has a basement for the winter. Weather is getting worse.  Ug!
 
I cleaned my oven.  I can't remember when I did it last. Yes, I do have a self cleaning oven but you know I must wipe down the residue after that. 

This has been a week for the wind.  Marley is acting a little different and following me around like a storm. I realized that the fireplace is open and can hear the wind. She likes to sleep under the fireplace shelf. So, I'm on my couch with her by my side.

I went to the first Veterans Book Group at the Old State Capitol.  I didn't read the flyer correctly that there was to be a reservation.  With only four in attendance, that was no problem except that I hadn't read the reading and unprepared.  I wish I had because it affects my character that I reenact, Belle Reynolds.  She's not mentioned by name but who else could she be in the article What I Saw of Shiloh by Ambrose Bierce.
 http://www.classicreader.com/book/1165/1/

Friday I helped out at the Old State Capitol.  During that time I had lunch with Michael and saw Rauner at Cafe Moxo on his "thank you" tour.

video here: http://new.livestream.com/blueroomstream/events/3541148/videos/67354910

My last tour was a group of hyper school kids.  In the evening I went to  "Girls Night Out to Adopt a Veteran" at the DAV.  They had a psycic and belly dancers.  I swear, if I had a big fat belly, I would not be belly dancing like one of them was doing.  Their website says "A woman without a belly is like a night without stars." Arabic idiom.  I don't think that meant; the bigger the better.

It's been just a little under a month since my drastic hair cut and donation to wigs for kids.  I have not gotten an acknowledgement from the organization but I did get a post card from Great Clips for 10% off on my next hair cut.  That's not going to happen soon.

Saturday I went to a bon-fire with ABATE on the lake at Villa Maria.  It was supposed to be a belated Halloween party.  Not too many dressed up because of the cold.

I dressed warm.  I brought Marley but as you can see, she was very afraid.  Mostly the loud music from the DJ so I put her back in the car.
Bobbi was the Lion and proud of her courage.

I saw that my past Soldiers Angel adoptee has now become part of the American Legion Honor Guard.  I am so proud of him.

It must be close to Christmas because I'm sure getting a lot of catalogs in the mail.
I got my legion uniform on for an interview with Alicia from WICS  at the Old State Capitol about the Veterans Book Club.  It will air the morning of Veterans Day.

Monday morning I did a news interview for the upcoming Veterans Book Group.  I wore my Legion uniform.

Monday night I danced at Snyder Village and afterward Jean Meyer gave us all a copy of our group photo.  My regret is that my fan fixed to a chain to a button on my skirt is now missing.  It's not so much the fan as much as the chain that makes me sad.

I needed a few videos of some of our dances to study by and the wife of our group's leader was shown how to work my flip video.  I told her it was easy on and off power and record and quit are both on the red button.  I think she did an excellent job.  Don't you?


Here's a link to more about Lancers.
http://www.streetswing.com/histmain/z3lancrs.htm


It doesn't show on the Beyerly Waltz but David is whispering what to do next. 



Well this week's edition is quite long so I'll include my Veterans Day activities in the next publish edition. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Having a furnace serviced free of charge is awesome! While the warranty has already expired, these batteries should be a good enough fix, if the batteries truly were the culprit. Let's hope it doesn't lead to further repairs in the near future, though. Good luck!

Shelley Coday @ C & C Heating and Air-Conditioning

ivetret said...

Well I did need more help. A guy charged me $90 in Dec to blow thru the tubes.

Blog Archive