Monday, December 15, 2014

My Week

Monday I joined the local fitness club known as Powerworks.  My first group exercise was Tuesday. We did TRX with Lex.  So after that, I showered and put on a dress and went to have lunch with the Womens Overseas Service League.  I gave each of the ladies some Celestial Seasons holiday tea in varieties.  After the meeting I was energized enough to get some new exercise clothes.  I needed socks with a reinforced toe, pants, and shoes.  The shoes that seemed best had gel pads built in by Dr. Scholl's shoes.  Wednesday I did strength chair exercises with Marcie.  After class she suggested the other classes as she could tell I was a bit advanced compared to the others in the class.  I told her  I plan to be back for all the group classes. Thursday I did Yoga with Deborah.  Then I did 20 minutes on a bike set to P-7 for strength.  Friday's exercise was coached by Lindy included a weight exercise she called a "skull crusher" for lack of a better term. 

I got the picture that was taken last Saturday at the 1850s caroling. With Josh (friend through ABATE) and Sam (employee at the Old State Capitol).  I remember asking a young lady to hold my glasses while the photo was being taken.  I think I may need to add a belt.


Wednesday was my shopping day.  I got a Narrated Nativity in box at the Goodwill for about $3.50. It says $9.99 on the box for the original price.  The link below says it is vintage 1999. The box says 2002. I can't imagine the 3 AA batteries would work this long.  I think it was stored in it's original box off season and does not have the original batteries.  You can see the lights and Bible narration on the video here at the bottom:
 http://www.lechatnoirboutique.com/proddetail.php?prod=GemmyNarratedNativity
Maybe I can show it in next year's Nativity Festival at the Ciara Center. 

In the evening I went to a Christmas Party with our AMVETS post.  I ate too much.  Double time at the gym. 
Thursday I went to an office Christmas Party at the Veterans Center.  We played a form of BINGO but instead had MERRY.  The lady next to me couldn't see her card very well so I told her that if they called something (ornament, present, candy cane, etc) that we had the exact same card.
Sean and Deanna played guitar and we had some audience participation with bells and other shakers.



In the evening I went to a Christmas Party with the Catholic War Veterans at the Chesapeake Seafood House.  I had baked shrimp.  Yum.  I got my CWV shirt that I ordered.  I basically held up the whole order for our post because the source had trouble finding a size small for the embroidery work.  I sure did not need a men's medium and tuck all that in my pants to cause a big bulge like a diaper.

Friday I went to Meijer to check out some more exercise wear.  Actually liked something on clearance.
In the evening I went to a senior pot luck at church where we had caroling.  We discussed the meaning of the "12 Days of Christmas
Afterward I drove the the light show in the park.
I got a coffee pot on eBay for our reenacting.  Our group does stress the limited diet of the soldiers during the Civil War (hard tack, salt pork and coffee beans)

Saturday I had a nice long phone call with my brother who recently got laid-off from Herker Industries.  He said he doesn't want me to gift him for Christmas but that means I need to all the more.

Saturday I loaded the artificial wreaths that I had in my shed into my car to supplement those for Wreaths Across America.  This is the first year we had someone represent the POW's wreath, Gary Sigler.

I greeted many friends, veterans, bikers, children, and gold stars and then joined Roady in the flag line.  He injured his knee and had a brace.  Every few minutes, I helped him relieve the pressure by letting him lean on me throughout the ceremony.  He is bigger than me but I felt I held his flag by proxy.  I understand that when he wasn't leaning on me, he was leaning on someone opposite side.

I brought my period dress in the car to change.  I helped the Iles house with their holiday Home Tour from 1PM to 5PM.
I wore my new brown bonnet for the first time.

The bonnet itched a little so I may have to sew a little pillow on top.
I quickly changed clothes for a Christmas Party in the evening being very careful not to wear the same thing that some may have seen me in for previous parties all week.  Food was great and the salad was awesome.

Marley had not been eating much and not wanting her walks.  There was also blood on my tile floors.  So I assumed she had something in her paws.  I cleaned and trimmed them but on Sunday morning, it persisted.  I figure that's not the source so I looked in her mouth.  There it was.  So after Mass I took her to the emergency clinic.   Dr came back with blood test results with that look in her eye.  Marley has Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia (IMHA). Look that up on www.veterinarypartner.com and there is a picture of a dog's gums as a big sign.  I cried immediately and she pulled down the box of tissues. Prognosis is NOT good.  $483 and she has a 50/50 chance of surviving.  She may need a transfusion.  She had a steroid shot and pills which I gave her with a Little Smokie sausages.  Vet said no more dry and no more Trifexis.  I had just gotten a good supply of both.  

Well as stressful as the holidays can be, I feel that fever blister growing under my skin.   

No comments:

Blog Archive