Monday, March 17, 2014

My Week

Well Sean brought Moe home from the Sangamon County Animal Shelter.  This is the photo that was posted on the "Friends of Sangamon County Animal Shelter" facebook page.

Caption read "Moe went home today with a new dad that is just crazy about him. Moe is a very sweet powerhouse of a dog. He is going to be a wonderful best friend."

I got a call that the part for my High Efficiency washer would cost $381 plus $80 labor.  I got a top of the line $700+ washer at Sams in June 2010.  That angered me.  Of course they wanted to sell me a new one.  I went over to Lowes and got a low end model that was on clearance.  It's the old agitator with a bigger barrel.  Only because I cannot find a sturdy ringer washer.   Since I was already in town, it was not out of my way to see Moe in his new home.  He was gassy.  We walked him around the block and he only pee'd.  Then once in the back yard, he made a dump.
Thursday the new washer was delivered.

Here is a link to the washer I bought:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_395153-83-GLWN2800DWS_0__?productId=3662066&Ntt=washer+ge+gtwn&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dwasher%2Bge%2Bgtwn&facetInfo=

Thursday evening I went to the Catholic War Veterans monthly meeting.  I was nominated to lay the CWV wreath at the Lincoln Tomb for the Death Day ceremony on April 15.

Bentley is resting on my lap. Hard to type like this. Come to think of it, I was watching Marley bark at the trash collectors and wondered when the last time I heard Bentley bark.

Saturday morning I left the house in period dress for the Annual St Patrick's Day Pardade.  I walked with our Soldiers Aid Society.

Carol and I had hankies which we waved like was done in the Civil War in support of our soldiers.
There was a big crowd because the weather was so nice.  Afterward I dropped off some supplies for the food pantry at church (while still in period attire).  Went home to walk the dogs and found a little time left in the beautiful day for a lovely motorcycle ride around the village and the lake.  It was the first ride of the season and I still got the lean in me.  Actually, I still had my hair in a period style while riding.  After the ride, I let it down and there were lovely waves in my normally straight hair.  I'll have to style that way more often.

Sunday morning I went to 11:30 Mass with the Catholic War Veterans.  It was a Spanish Mass but we had a handout in both English and Spanish.  Sacred Heart Church is one of the oldest and most beautiful but with age means repairs are needed.  Fr Chiola was the celebrant whom he has a problem with the prayers given to veterans by the Interveterans Burial Detail at Camp Butler in conflict with the Catholic Church's final blessing at the graveside service.  I noticed he didn't stay to speak to any of us after Mass.  On the other hand, the other county burial details do not force their own chaplain on family.  Others just conclude the final flag folding, rifle volley and taps as required by DoD.

Afterward I picked up my son and went to Pekin for a fundraiser "roast" of the State AmVets Commander, Paul Kerby, at the Moose Lodge.  We had prime rib.  It gave me an opportunity to take some things up to my son's house.

I put my final wood in my fireplace for the last cold day (I hope).  After the nice weather we had Saturday, we had another dip in the temperature. It's supposed to get nice after this and then I can clean out my fireplace.
I'm getting a Victorian Tear Vial on Ebay for my mourning attire. This is the one I will be getting in time for our Victorian Fashion Fair at Edwards Place.
tear vial or lachrymatory
Tear bottles reappeared during the Victorian period of the 19th century, when those mourning the loss of loved ones would collect their tears in bottles with special stoppers that allowed the tears to evaporate. When the tears had evaporated, the mourning period would end.

My sister sent me this video that she used for her exercise class.  I love it.  I had to get up and jive to it.  "Happiness is the truth"


I had a handy man down the block stop over to help with a few things because I'm making a list.  I need a new closet door and attic ladder.  While here, I pointed out the new light bulb in my ceiling light that wouldn't work.  He screwed the bulb in straighter than I did.  :)

 

No comments:

Blog Archive