Tuesday, March 11, 2014

My Week

Wednesday was Ash Wednesday so I went to Mass.  I didn't take the ashes off until in the evening when went to the Jersey Boys.  I had lunch with my little buddy.  Then I hit up a few thrift stores because it is senior Wednesday.  In the store, one said "Is it Ash Wednesday already?" another said "You have a smudge there...Ohhhh I get it".  I picked up a glass candle holder to replace the one that I broke earlier in the week (which I loved).

I also picked up a figurine for my Easter display that replaced my Nativity display.  Pictured below is the Palm Sunday Scene consisting souvenir from my trip to Germany  of the Scourged Christ at Wieskirche which is known for miracles, Crosses from my husband's funeral and from my trip to Italy Assisi Cross, La Pieta which I found at Goodwill along with the candle holder above, and the Risen Christ that matches the bigger figure at my Church, St Joseph the Worker.   I also have clipped there the "Little Black Book" of reflections that was passed out on Ash Wednesday, grapes representing the Last Supper, and an Easter Egg.  There's also a cross necklace with the stations of the Cross on it and at the food of that cross there is some sand from Via Dolorosa.
  I also picked up a Toro weed whacker and rake for Alan's new house.  I'm just expecting that the drought in the west will affect our summer vegetables and he'll be needing yard supplies.  He had his preinspection and found this sign by the house he closes on Friday.

Wednesday evening I had the pleasure of going to see Jersey Boys at the Sangamon Auditorium.  I got home about 10:30 and I was still hyped up with the music.

Thursday evening, my son helped me attach the trailer to my Nissan Murano to help his younger brother move into his new house.  Friday morning we had a frost so I warmed up the car with the trailer in the driveway.  My neighbor came over to check the hitch.  He noticed that the hitch was not set down all the way on the ball and would detach at the first bump (which would have been the curb of the drive).  Wow, I am so glad he did that.
We got to Peoria in time to meet up and go to the closing.  Afterward we started moving out of the apartment and into the house.  We made two trips and the rest of the small stuff he can get when he cleans the apartment.  The trailer was unhitched but the backing made a muddy mess.
In the evening I went to church to see the youth group's Living Stations of the Cross.
Sean has an application at the animal shelter for a pit pull named Moe.
I came home and was pleased to get a letter from my God child in basic training at Lackland AFB.
Saturday I took Marley to the shelter to see how she reacts to Moe.  They checked to see if Marley was registered and she was good.  They asked about my dead cat Dave and about Bentley who is terminally ill.  I told the lady I don't intend to renew his license.

Just saw that they posted the video of the PGR mission that I attended.  I would be the one holding our Air Force flag in formation.
http://vimeo.com/88619441

Monday night I went to dance practice in Metamora. I had brought with me a replica doll house of the Lincoln home for their museum.  The curator has been waiting for it for about 2 years but the state would not ship it.  That was convenient.  On the way, I saw the destruction of the Washington, IL tornado last fall.  It was pretty bad and those were nice homes. 

Tuesday I had lunch with the Womens Overseas Service League.  It was a lovely day.  Lot of motorcycles were out.  I still had trouble starting up the Yamaha 250 after 2 days on a trickle charger.  The Aero starts right up.  In the evening I went to the Soldiers Aid Society meeting.  We discussed our upcoming Fashion Fair and the St Patrick's Day parade.  Well, after such a beautiful day, the snow will arrive after midnight. 


No comments:

Blog Archive