Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My Week

The great thaw of the volumes of snow happened Last Wednesday and Thursday but not for long.  Of course the cold returned later but we had the warm melt down that eliminated a lot of the snow into the sewers.  My son lives on the lower level of an apartment and when he got out of bed the morning of the bit melt down, his floor was wet.

I went to a Patriot Guard Mission on Friday to honor Bobby Biddle.
His mother recognized me from my facebook post and thanked me as she left the cemetery.

In the evening I stopped by the Amerian Legion Post for the fish fry and left early with Les, Jerry and Mary for color guard duty at the Hoogland. I met a young mother with a Soldiers Angels pin and told her I was an Angel too.  When the chorus sang their tribute to the branches of services, we couldn't find enough veterans for each branch of service so some of us in the color guard filled in.  I waved the marine flag for their song.  I guess being a marine mom qualified since there were no marines in the audience for this show.

Saturday I went to a workshop with our Soldiers Aid Society.  We learned to make hat boxes.  Thank You for putting on the workshop Dorthy.

I learned the importance of a bigger and better glue gun.  So that's what I got later with a coupon from Joanne's.

I used a little program called Pixresizer to shrink my photos from our pilgrimage to Germany. I put them on a jump drive which is in a photo frame for a little reunion gathering on Sunday. Be careful which one you download. The first one was bundled with bugs. CNET is the real deal. I made German potato salad to share.

I've been having trouble with my washer so I stopped by the place that I purchased it for repairs.  The looked it up in their computer and I purchased it in June 2010.  I have made an appointment for Tuesday.

Monday evening I went to Metamora courthouse for the first practice with the Central Illinois Civil War Dancers.  It's about 70 miles away but they are the best.  What are the odds that they practice on the second and third Mondays because I have American Legion on the first Monday and VFW on the third Monday.  The local group that does Civil War dancing has their heart in ethnic dance and Civil War dancing is a side that they squeeze in between. 

Tuesday morning we had a 1/2 inch of snow.  So.....

No comments:

Blog Archive