Monday, April 8, 2013

My Week

I drew a name for a ladies soldier box but I'm sure it's a guy. I researched and "Blaise" can be male or female but deeper research reveals a soldier from Alton, IL that fits the description. I learned that he was already assigned a Soldiers Angel.  Although I had Soldiers Angels fix the gender problem in their database, I sent him a package anyway.   In addition, I was flattered that the boss handed over some ESPN magazines to include in my next package.  That's support!

My eyes have been feeling tired lately and I don't think it's from lack of sleep.  I think I've just cried too many tears and my eyes are drying up.  Season changes could be a factor and maybe my office environment.  Well a coworker recommended I try GenTeal.

Now this does cost more than other tear drops ~ like over $10.

My boss gave me some ESPN magazines to put in my soldiers' boxes.  I also picked up some 1/2 price Easter candy.

I watched a movie:  "The King's Speech".  Seemed to start off a bit dry but sure got it later.
It's been a quiet week at work between a coworker on vacation, sick and in training.

Saturday morning I cleaned up and put a chimney sweep log in my fireplace and burned the thorns from the rose bush that I cut back.  Sure don't want to have those things bagged up.  I got scratched enough just doing the chore.  I made yellow peppers in the skillet that I got on the sale rack at Meijer.  Mmmm!  I put in my volunteer time at the Old State Capitol. I spoke to a young man who was from Germany and told him of my upcoming plans to go there.  We has a nice but brief exchange as mutual visitors.   I had a few one-on-one groups but my last tour of the day was a bus of 47.  I had to speak loud.  Then I came home and walked the dogs before heading over to Christine and Doug's for a wine tasting party with my son's and friends of the Vet Center. Had I known Alan would be there, I'd have brought his mail.

Sunday I rode Wheezer to church.  I brought a couple of baskets that I had strapped on for their upcoming silent auction as containers.  After Mass, a lady asked if it was I who did the story and I asked her if she meant the story at the talent show about the Warm Fuzzies.  She said yes.  She mentioned that Judy may want me to do a repeat performance.  I explained my busy schedule but I gave her my card.

I did a little work in the garden and cleared out some of the dry brush and found 3 asparagus spears. Not too faraway from the blooming dandelions. Well that's Spring.

then in the afternoon I helped with our American Legion Riders Italian Dinner.  I was the only one who rode there but I didn't ride on the cycle that qualifies for Legion Riders but rater on my Virago because it was such a short trip.  Got home about 7:30.  I woke to a thunder storm.  Between the high winds and rain, there are tree hulls all over the road.

I found an old blog in draft mode that I had never published until now.  If you wish to get caught up with the past, you can see it here:  http://ivetret.blogspot.com/2013/04/my-week_6.html









No comments:

Blog Archive