Monday, April 1, 2013

My Week

Funny thing Tuesday....since we had bad snow on Sunday, my son didn't attempt to come over and use my washer and dryer as usual and had put it off.  He came Tuesday and called about what to eat and suggested something from County Market.  I then realized that it was Tuesday and that Tuesday is chicken night at the VFW.  I used to bring home chicken from the VFW for my other son when he was with me but it felt different for my other son.  So that's what I brought home.

Wednesday I went shopping to kill time between work and the Interveterans Council of Sangamon County meeting.   While shopping, I got a sales call from Comcast.  I can get 60 extra channels and some more internet  for $9 more.  I'm already paying $130 month and half of these channels they are adding they have taken away.  It's like downsizing the package then bribing me to pay more to get back what I missed.  In fact I'd been thinking of turning off the cable TV and just keeping the internet since I don't watch much TV.

I brought my laptop to the Interveterans Council and made updates to the website that I'm helping them build. 

Wednesday night we had a full moon.  That brought a lot of brightness against the rapidly melting snow.

I made a correction on a Facebook photo posted by the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum's Facebook page about this photo which was taken by about Mary and Abe in the snow in Metamorah, IL.  I responded "Only it's not 'Mary'. His wife didn't travel the circuit. That is Melissa Goings " http://historicmetamora.com/LincolnStatues.htm


They responded, "Rose Connolly, thank you for the correction. We've made the change in the description."  Now that made me feel proud.  Hey, study helps.

Thursday I picked up a plant to decorate the church for Easter and put a note on it dedicated in appreciation  of my adopted soldier. 

I dropped it off at the Holy Thursday Mass in which I was a Eucharistic Minister.   I sat instead of in front of, the same pew as a family of a Korean War Veteran who just came back from the Honor Flight on Tuesday. 
 I bought a frozen rabbit at Midstate Meat for Easter dinner.  I remember having that in a chow hall  a long long time ago at Easter.

The weekend weather warmed up and it took about an hour of trying to get Wheezer started.  When it started, I took a short ride on Saturday to visit my son and back.  Then on Easter Sunday, my son noticed the tires were low.  So I filled them all up.  I felt taller in the saddle after raising them up.

Easter Sunday was a nice service.  The plant I got for the alter had bloomed.  It was in thanksgiving for my adopted soldier on our Easter Alter decor. Placed there by his Soldiers Angel


I didn't notice right away that the tulle spelled out "Jesus Lives"

with the cardinal conclave on one branch, there was a lone cub fan cardinal on the opposite side.
I especially loved the gold fabric behind the risen Lord.  I was surprised that my son came from Peoria because when I asked he said "maybe".
I fixed pork and rabbit stew.  It was good.  Deviled eggs didn't last either.
The dogs had a nice Easter walk and Bentley got a haircut with a scissors.




 


 

No comments:

Blog Archive