Monday, April 22, 2013

My Week


Remember last years drought?  Well, I think someone prayed real hard and this week our Lord answered.  I understand that lightning struck a building across from the govenor's mansion and knocked a few bricks but nothing major.  I don't think like the ants like rain either as they are taking up shelter around my kitchen sink.

I felt pretty congested on Sunday and thought I could make it through a day of work on Monday but just worked an hour and came home.  I was in bed nearly all day.  I was so stuffy that my nose dripped.  I'll probably have a raw spot under my nose again.

I had an audit of a phone call I made eight months ago at work to make sure it was official buisiness.  I keep a log of my long distance calls so I know the nature of the call but still ridiculous.

Tuesday I had chicken at the VFW followed by a meeting of the Soldiers Aid Society meeting at 6PM.  We discussed our upcoming Tableau Vivant to take place on Friday at the Illinois State Museum.  We are also making plans for the upcoming reenactment of the Lincoln Funeral procession in 2015 with a fund raiser at Edwards Place on April 30th.

Wednesday I went to a banquet at the Chesapeake Seafood house as a guest of the Interveterans Burial Detail of Sangamon County.  Three of their retired members were honored...two of whom I knew.  Here's a photo of Jean Goretski and her citation.

Thursday I should have gone to an ABATE meeting but I have not been home all week and had things to do at home.  I picked up some dog food and Planters NUTrision to try and like it.

Friday after work I went to the County Market before reenacting at the Illinois State Museum
I found this note on my windshield while shopping at County Market. "Thank you for supporting our troops and your service! & raising awareness of the local men & women who have served! I pray that if you know these men and women, they were a blessing to you. Thanks again! ~ a local army brat"



I headed over to the museum for a private party for the foundation members.  The Soldiers Aid Society performed the short version of our Tableau Vivant
As Laura described the impact of sending letter and boxes, I got teary eyed thinking of the note on the windshield just earlier and if the author only knew what it meant.  Well Laura passed around some of the contents of the box and someone dropped her mason jar of cherries.  Clean up on Isle one!

Saturday I went to St Louis for the Blue and Gray Ball.  I had lunch with my God Child Alyson who is contemplating entry into the Air Force.  I also learned that my nephew is joining the army in August....salutes!  The day started with the GPS not knowing that I64 was closed to traffic and re-routed.  Then the rerouted traffic also got rerouted.  The day time events included the Missouri Botanical Gardens, and the History museum which had a special exhibit on the Civil War in MO.  There were many there getting pictures in the gardens.  I accidentally said "congratulations" to a young couple in formals for prom thinking they were there for wedding pictures.  Opps.


Then the ball at the Mahler Ballroom.


I got home at 1:30AM.

My son's temporary contract became permanent.  That makes both of us happy and the future looks bright.  Never give up.

While vacuuming the house, I noticed that Bentley likes to be vacuumed.  His hacking is getting worse and his breath is no long just bad breath but more like death....a dead rat or something in there.

Sunday I was the first reader at Mass.  I picked up my copy of the church directory.  I really enjoyed looking at the pictures and associating names with faces of the people I meet at church but usually silent.   Then I got dressed for a filming at the Old State Capitol but I couldn't get in.   It was all locked up. I tried to call but could only leave a message.  Latter I got an email response with the only way in.  Oh well, I think I needed to stay home anyway as I'm still tired from the day before.  I then went to have chicken at the American Legion.






No comments:

Blog Archive