Monday, April 15, 2013

My Week

So proud of my brother-in-law's interview. 

Dan Kinsey S&S Cycle Legend





Last year I thought it was hormones but now I have battery operated statistics. I'm really hot at the office on Monday afternoon.  Then we a lot of us got overconfident and didn't wear jackets on Wednesday and it was colder.  Poor Marley is afraid of the the thunderstorms.
Friday morning I woke to one of these little thermometers in my bedroom that read 59.  hate to get out of my electric blanket and turn the heat on for only being home for an hour before going to work.

I've readied my new pink ball gown for the event in St Louis on April 20th.  I had to shorten the hem despite the used ebay ad saying it was petite.  That proved an advantage because I needed a bigger width in the top so I canabalized the hem for a stretch there.
Here are the details for that event
http://www.nationalblueandgreyball.com/

Seems my older TV has a different reservation for Daylight Savings and I've been getting up an hour earlier than I should.  That had to be manually set.   I've had some Riesling wine that was on sale.  Getting ready for that pilgrimage to  Germany.  Made me type a little funny. 

I'm moderator on a few facebook pages so that keeps me going. A co-moderator had posted an event that had a question about the kick-0ff time for an event at the VFW post which prompted me to make a few phone calls to answer.  Trouble is that the last place I like to call is the post itself because of the back ground noise.

I didn't get to exercise on Monday since my lunch spilled on my clothes in the gym bag.  Wednesday  I went and it was the last day of that session so I'll have to pay for the next session.  After work I went to an AmVets meeting.  We tried a new location at the Route 66 Hotel and Conference Center.  Apparently that didn't go over too well so we'll try a new location in Pawnee next month.  Some had complained of cold food.   Our post commander mentioned that we have forgotten that we still have a current POW and he started stumbling on Bowe's name. I interrupted and showed the POW jelly bracelet with all the details that he wanted to express where there. I passed my bracelet around for all to see before returning it to my wrist.

Thursday I went to a Patriot Guard visitation for Marty Vala after work.  Although the visitation had started an hour before I got off of work.  Stood among friends.  Saw my pastor come to the visitation too so talked with him a little.  The flag line broke down at 6:30 and that gave me time to head to the other side of town for for a 7PM meeting of the Catholic War Veterans.

Friday I decided to turn my heat back on in the house.

Saturday I got up early to car pool over to Quincy Veterans home for the quarterly advisory board.  It's like a 2 hour ride for a half hour meeting but I sure wanted to make sure that the organization that I represent, the Womens Overseas Service League, was among the veteran organizations present. I carpooled from Springfield with 2 others and one picked up in Jacksonville so then it wasn't so bad as last time.  I wore my white uniform of the WOSL.  Then we toured the museum and ate there.  I had brought some jig saw puzzles and caps for the veterans there.  I got home about 2:30PM.  About 5PM I dressed in my period hoop for a fundraiser at the ILES house.

Sunday morning my sinuses worsened.  My nose dripped when I looked down.  Even though the weather felt nice enough for a ride to church, I didn't because you can't wipe your nose and ride.  I went to Mass with the Catholic War Veterans at St Joseph church and we had donuts afterward.  I came home and put air in the tires or the riding mower which had been on a charger overnight.  IT STARTED!!  I cut the grass in the back which was the first of the season and the back always grows faster because it's the dogs bathroom and highly fertilized in clumps too high for the little battery powered mower.  After that my son came home to do laundry and we had steak for lunch.  Nap seemed to help my sinus.  Boy, I have these hooks on this Civil War ball gown for next weekend too far apart and need to move them in. Trouble is that I look down while sewing and my nose drips.

Monday I went to work and just did the necessary stuff and came home with an interim stop at Meijer.  I feel like crap. Why do dogs like to dig in the trash for snotty Kleenex?   I spent a lot of time in bed only to wake up to see news about the bombing of the Boston Marathon.   The World is not the same.  NEVER FORGET 911.
I got returned mail that I sent to my soldier a year ago (June 2012)

On April 15, 1865, at 7:22 a.m., President Abraham Lincoln was pronounced dead as he lay awkwardly in a small bed inside the William Petersen House. A country, recently rejoicing at the end of a bloody war, would once again be thrust into sadness at the death of the leader who guided them through the worst conflict it had ever known.









No comments:

Blog Archive