Saturday, April 6, 2013

My Week

My son had a 20 minute job interview that is in the local area. I said he could save money by still staying in my home. He said he’d move out within 2 months because living with mom is so emasculating.

I went to the funeral for Daniel "Boone" Lonergan a member of our American Legion Post. Since I get off of work at 5 and had a meeting of the American Legion Riders at 7PM, I could only afford time for a 15 minute honor guard shift in between time. He not only was a member of our post but of our church.

Thursday I picked up my 5 artificial wreaths that I had left at Camp Butler so I can reuse them next year for Wreaths Across America. There was a PGR funeral going on during my stop that I knew about but put out of my mind knowing I could not afford the time. The weather was nice for January so there were motorcycles there.

Soldiers Angels had a facebook gift giveaway as part of Angel Appreciation Day. I submitted this Wear Red Friday to support the troops photo:

My coworker that got a new Harley last fall was gifted a $25 gift card at Halls HD store. I chuckled because HD stands for “hundred dollars”. I know the parents are on retired income but still funny that the card alone will not be able to buy anything.
Friday evening I went to Anita’s 65th Birthday party. Her husband put on a wonderful surprise party. He told her that he made reservations at a spaghetti restaurant but on the way he got a call from Paula for a stop at the Sangamon Co Reception center and talked her into coming inside briefly. Then Paula said she couldn't find Judy to take a relish tray out and being the kind person that she is, took off your coat and carried the tray to the crowd who wished you happy birthday. The dinner was divine, and so were the photos on display, just like at a funeral. Oh wait, Paula and Dan do funerals and that would explain the slide show.
I had an old hard drive that didn't work but potential data on it may be personal so I took it out to the farm and put a .38 in it.
I told Ray I'd be willing to be a guardian again on the Honor Flight if needed.
Sunday’s sermon today for the Feast of the Epiphany was about the Other Magi ~ Artaban. My Sunday dinner was a flop and went to my dogs. It was supposed to be healthy lasagna but instead of spaghetti sauce, it was salsa. Yuk.
Most of the weekend was football and getting caught up with small things around the house.
Wednesday evening I met with the American Legion Riders. On Monday, A coworker and American Legion Rider, whom I sewed patches on his vest, has passed away this weekend. Andy rode on a CanAm Spider.
Alan shaved Bentley’s head and gave him a bath.

Sean’s birthday is Wednesday and I will give him his gift at our AmVets meeting. He already knows I got him a rucksack for his gear.

No comments:

Blog Archive