Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My Week

I had a real nice FB chat with my soldier Saturday evening. I had adopted Doug a few years ago and he was silent then until the end of his deployment. Then I saw a hint that he was going again and re-adopted him again. We have the same birthday so I want the next box to be special. He will retire from the army shortly after he returns. God Bless Doug!

The ground is so dry and cracked that I can bury the dog turds in the cracks. I submitted a picture to the local paper where they asked Send us your 'Ugly Lawn' photos.  Posted Aug 02, 2012 @ 10:45 PM It's hot. It's dry. We have rules against using as much water as we want. As a result, your lawn is probably looking mighty sad right about now. If your front yard display is sporting a lovely shade of dead, we want to see it. Snap a photo of the brown and wilted scene right now and submit it to be included in our "Ugly Lawn" photo gallery. http://extras.sj-r.com/photo-galleries/reader/send-us-your-ugly-lawn-photos/12418/

Saturday morning I helped with the viola Days for the Military Order of the Purple Heart.  My son did this also but at a different location.

I attended a church picnic. It was so hot but later there was a breeze coming off Lake Springfield. Despite the temperature just know that I could better spend my time getting caught up sewing some neck coolers. Got home and out of the car and my glasses fogged up from the AC to the heat.

Sunday morning I woke to learn we had about 1/3 inch of rain (per snooping at the neighbor's rain gauge).  I looked at the weather report to see if I could ride the Wheezer to church since I didn't go to Mass at the parish picnic.  I figured that there would be a shortage of Communion ministers since most went to the picnic the evening before.  Sure enough, I was needed.   I picked up 3 breakfast fundraiser coupons from the youth group at Applebees on Aug 25th.

Monday evening I rode the bike to an American Legion meeting and brought all the documents for the good of the post. There was an installation of officers. Another motorcycle similar to mine, Honda Aero, pulled up in black and white contrast.

I’m out of Sentinel pills for my dogs heart worm and discovered that the company is not producing this for awhile.  Although the notice was posted in Jan 2012 and said it would last 4 months, I got on a chat and was told it is still going to be another few more months than planned.
http://www.1800petmeds.com/alternative-to-sentinel.jsp

No comments:

Blog Archive