Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Week


This week my feelings were hurt.   Here is what happened on facebook:
 <><><><>
Quote:   “Ray Mcdaniels:   Rose you are a fat ass fucking nut get your head out of your ass you are a no body I did some checking on your as would you like it on face book“.  {Just for sharing a related article that opposed the topic) }.

to
I've been mocked last week for supporting Chic-Fil-A. Now I've been mocked by you on a conservative forum. That's balance. Just as I posted a balance (yet topic related) opposing point of view. If you read it, I said it's a COPY N PASTE comment ~ not my words. If you are not interested in exposing LIES (see above), then why are you here? Damn, and I thought libs were rude. You just surpassed the emotional insult I was recovering from last week!

<><><>
Wednesday night I went to an AMVETS meeting.  I can see that Commander Huckaby thinks we should not be eating our funds without replenshiment.

Thursday evening was the opening evening of the state fair at 5PM with a parade that kicked off at 6PM.  I met my son there. Opening night there is free admission. I was surprised that there were no horses in the parade.  We shared a quesadilla.  That stand was right across from the booth selling meet parfaits.

Friday I took the afternoon off from work to prepare for a long night at the fair.  I had my oil changed on my car and took a nap.

Friday evening my son and I worked the beer booth in Ethnic Village at the state fair.  Our booth carried GuinnessSmithwick, Amstel Light, Peroni, and a few others.   I was surpised when a man wearing a Guinness shirt requested an Amstel Light. A young couple got engaged on the skyline.  They were at the beer booth showing off the ring and he had a tee shirt with the tuxedo pattern.  He told how he had it all planned and coordinated with a walkie talkie to stop the ride for his proposal.  Awww.  Our booth closed earlier than the other beer stands with the domestic beers.  Which was good because we got to stop at the coors tent to see some of "Who's Bad" (Michael Jackson impersonator).  http://www.whosbadmusic.com/

Saturday I spent most of the time at home cleaning and cooking and sewing.

Sunday morning after church I went to the state fair.  It was veterans day at the fair so we got in free.  Instead I paid to park which was $7.  I figure they were paying to park nearly the same outside the fairgrounds and this way I'd have easy access to my car.  I found the day to be a lot like a reunion of veteran related friends.  As I told one of my coworkers, you'll never see retired state workers gathered together like you see veterans.  We tend to unite and somewhat drop our service branch, war era, and rank to celebrate our service affiliation.  We had a nice ceremony at the Lincoln stage for the veterans followed by the Coast Guard Silent Drill team who performed flawlessly. 

Here they are from 2010.  There was a flaw in this performance.


I walked around to see some exhibits.  I got a clip that looks like a mini hat for $2.  I bumped into Jim and Suz laying on a Sleep Number Bed.  Ah and I traveled light so I didn't have my camera. Then I walked in the veterans parade down main street at the fair with fellow VFW members.  The Gold Star families rode on the tram in the parade and the family of SrA Bradley Smith carried a banner honoring his sacrifice.  Since the Air Force is less frequent among the Gold Star families, they noticed my AF retired cap.  I explained that I was there for their son's funeral as a member of the Patriot Guard.  I recalled the cold and snow that we endured in the flag line.  They agreed.  She told me that the Patriot Guard was the next visit after the official notification their son died and were grateful for the support. I told them of the USAF flag that flew from the window of our pick up truck.  Wow, that seems so long ago and my husband with me too.  Brad's dad had a few motorcycles including a Goldwing.   I saved a few Tootsie Rolls to fill space in my soldier's box.  After the parade me feet were really getting tired.  I had some sugar free ice cream.  Since I parked infield, I gave Gene a ride to his car.  I came home and kicked off my boots, took a aspirin, and a nap.  Then I walked the dogs.  If the weather didn't look like rain, I would rather have ridden my motorcycle in the parade.

I had mentioned to my son that I should get a giant pot to put my hose in.  Those hose reels never seem to work.  Then he mentioned the Xhose and based on the review, I ordered a 50' hose.  See more here:  http://doesitreallywork.org/x-hose-review

Tuesday, I came back from lunch and there was a big man who seemed lost as he came in the building.  I asked if I could help.  He said yes that he was looking to apply for an Occupational Therapy license.  I gave him the directions but was thinking he could hurt somebody. 

I got free tickets to see the Charlie Daniels band at the state fair.  A dinner under the tent for veterans was hosted by Humanna. Parking passes on the grounds were limited so I carpooled with Maria and Gene from the VFW.
 

No comments:

Blog Archive