Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Week

I colored my hair red this Wednesday morning before work with the 6 day wash out. It wasn't real red so that package might be old.  I went to the Rocky Horror Picture Show at Southern Illinois University in Edwardsville Morris University Center MUC Meridian Ballroom on Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Rocky Horror I went to SIUE to assist the Campus Activity with the Rocky Horror Picture Show.    I didn't even need to color. I played Frank N Further since another was "Columbia-Ready".  They paid my parking and afterward gave me a card which included a gift card for Walmart.

Saturday I had breakfast at Applebees with my sons where the proceeds and servers were for the church youth group.  Then I got the cycle out for a Red Knights meeting that was NOT followed with a ride so I got in my period attire and went to the Old State Capital from 11:00 to 3PM.   I got hungry afterward so Alan and I went out for a steak at Amber Jacks.

Sunday I read the first reading at Mass.  I came home and fixed lunch and learned that my oldest son had an allergic reaction to white fish.  When I asked how long that was going on, he said for 10 years.  Huh!
I bought movie tickets online for the three of us to go see 2016.  We sat up high in the back of the theater with some members of church that were part of a 9-12 group.  Although it wasn't sold out, the theater was packed except the first row neck wrecker. What I learned was that Obama won the election on race and for others the hope of erasing racism.  He did what other blacks could not do by smiling at whites to get their vote and show he was not an angry black man.  However, his real background is more about anti-colonialism and vengeance on the occupiers.   There was no focus on his birth certificate, his SSN, or college which had distracted me and probably have merit.  Rather there was a focus on his friends, family and those who he associated with and didn't associate with.  The dream of his father was anger towards colonialism.  He forgets that America was a colony and our founding fathers created our own independence.  His founding fathers were Davis, Aires, Wright, and Said.  The audience was a demographic of middle aged white people.  Someone yelled "Romney" at the end.

After I got home, we had a nice little rain.  I used the wet car to towel down the water spots.
Alan had pointed out something about Bentley that I didn't notice.  Before he had his ear surgery, he used to howl a deep sad moan when tied up or left out of sight.  The sound was annoying but tugged at the heart strings like a cry for me.  Now that he's virtually deaf, that has stopped.  

Every Tuesday evening, at 7PM, there is a retreat ceremony at the Lincoln Tomb. Aug 28th was the last for the season so I took a group photo. 



I've decided that some tailoring in the bodice is needed in my black widow's weeds.

The new water plant that has opened in the last year gifted us with a boil order due an abnormal water pressure problem.  I had to hit the bottle. *Hic*  I had a terrible hangover.

My son had noticed something that I didn't about Bentley.  Since his surgery on his ears, he hasn't done his pitiful howl.  This means that in the past, he did this on purpose so he could get attention.

The morning walk was real short walk because Bentley did his biz and Marley picked up fresh road kill squirrel. I know it was fresh because when I released her into the back yard, she brought him in the house and I had to pick him up thru a plastic bag.  She thinks she is a mighty hunter.




No comments:

Blog Archive