Monday, September 27, 2021

My Week

The cornfields are being harvested.  There is husk duskings on my car  and I'm a few miles from the  nearest field.

Tuesday was Sophie's turn to go to the nursing home.  I was corrected that the place that I visit is considered "assisted living memory care".  Something about "nursing home" means higher care more employees.



Wednesday evening I watched a zoom meeting called "A No-holds Barred Interview With President/General Ulysses S Grant".  The questions were pre-selected so the chat feature was useless. 

In my training with Amber, I  have trick dog goals as   follows:

*ride skateboard with 3 feet on

*jump rope

*back up on stairs.

*read cards

Thursday I had my annual doctor visit followed by a shingles shot.  Technically I don't need a prescription but my pharmacy felt more comfortable having a script and an appointment.  In the evening I went as an  agility assistant in the basic class we have.  My station was to target paws on the bucket.


I was asked to do a little video for #stillserving that was independent of the copyrighted story on News Channel 20.

 

New neighbors moved in on Friday.  I just said a brief hello as I walked the dogs.  In the afternoon,  I took Amber to Villas of Southpark to perform tricks.  It was a real nice trick dog visit at.  3 in the audience.  Amber did real well.  She. Tries to wander off but I instead have her go around a chair of the spectator to satisfy that wander. I did introduce her drum for the first time.

Friday afternoon  I took Amber to  the assisted living facility to perform tricks.  Before going in, I walked her around the building.  She caught a big grasshopper.  I had to pry it out of her mouth before entering.  She performed well and there were 3 in our audience.  Not as many as the other place but more voluntary.  I introduced her new trick, the drum.  Well she really doesn't play it but puts the drumsticks on the head.  

Friday evening I went to our club for practice.  I'm starting to practice now for the next level of "Novice" which involves "stand for exam" and the "one minute sit in a group".  Amber did a perfect recall.  Since Debbie and Pixie won last week's costume contest at Pawsapalooza, she got a $50 gift certificate at Scoup du Jour.  No way cold she consume that much so she invited us afterwards.

 
 I was so excited to see my new custom reproduction hoop arrive from Needle &  Thread in Gettysburg.

Saturday I thought it would be a nice idea to drive to Clinton, IL for the "Apple and Pork" festival since it was such a beautiful day. Well after an hour drive, I found it so crowded and the traffic so bad that once I made it though to the clear, I headed home for the Chatham Jaycees Octoberfest.   I especially liked the red cabbage with apples.  These were the contestants for the costume contest.  I won first place.  I did see a few other young ladies walking around that  could have added to the stage.  I figure that when they saw me walking around the crowd that they didn't have a chance.  Heck they could have taken second or third because they would have split the category into male and female.  Besides, Brian and Brad were Jaycees working the event.

 The following were from the Octoberfest's photographer on Facebook



Oh, and I must add that if this young lady with skin came on stage, she would have won.  Sexy always has an edge. 


I stayed to watch the sausage toss and the beer barrel throwing contests.  There was also a wiener dog race.  

Sunday I watched a movie called "The Twelfth Man" on Netflix.  It's the story of Jan Baalsruds of the Norwegian Army during  WW2 and the Nazi's were wanting him badly.  The other 11 were executed.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2020/03/30/12th-man-stayed-alive-true-history-behindnetflixs-subzero-survival/ 


Full  harvest moon

Photo credit to RT Mewes.



No comments:

Blog Archive