Monday, September 20, 2021

My week

This is the time of year for moths  and butterflies. 

Monday morning I got a text that my credit card was compromised.  I use it for gas and I also happened to be low so I  had to pay with good old  fashioned cash. As a result, my phone was cut off because there was no credit card. I still have internet.  My Comcast bill is due on 22d so I can still reach out without a credit card til then.  So far, I'm not missing my phone.

Monday was pretty busy: gym, interview, visit, Tomb of the unknown and VFW meeting.

After exercise,  I got ready for a news interview about being a veteran sharing my dogs.

At  1:30, I took Amber to the nursing home for superheros day.  She was dressed in her super girl outfit. Of course she didn't  like it but she did sit up and beg in the outfit.  She  looks  like she  needs "super treats" for putting her through that.

 

Then I changed from my semi-super outfit to go to the DAR sponsored event in Lincoln, IL.

Francie and me at the traveling replica of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Lincoln, IL


Tuesday after exercise I went to our Women's Overseas Service League lunch but didn't have lunch.  I could only stay half hour because I had an appointment for my chipped tooth.  Numb from the dentist and fixed that cracked tooth.  $77 co pay.  Trying to get pre-authorization for a crown.

Wednesday I had agility practice in Mechanicsburg.  The weather was  just perfect. 

Thursday I had a nice chit chat with my friend Mary about World Affairs  and faith.  In the evening I just started assisting in a six week, outdoor agility 101 class.  It's getting darker out  but there's a light over our practice area.

DAR celebrated Constitution Day by ringing bells followed by music in the carillon.


I found a printable award in my email spam folder for NADAC NOVICE JUMPERS.


Here's the link to a news media story that was recorded on Monday but aired Thursday evening. I think the title is a little off because it implies I just visit veterans.  I visit nursing homes and assisted living facilities but there are some veterans among those I visit.  I just have to respect privacy since we fall under HIPPA  also.

 Friday evening I  was blessed with very special guests, my sister, Ginny, and her husband, Bill.  They stayed 2 nights. I took them to see the covered Bridge and the old nostalgic route 66.

Sugar Creek Covered Bridge


Sisters 


Miscommunication led us to miss dinner and we met in the parking lot coming and going.  My sons had already eaten and I thought that Mexican was at a different place.  Duh!
After they left I headed toward Peoria for obedience trials.  I was enrolled in  "beginner novice A" and had 2 previous legs in this category.  I had to give a supplemental command on the recall and judge said good use of that option. I said "here". I skipped the fast sign, otherwise I would have taken 1st place. I think I skipped it because I wanted to walk tall and look confident.

Peoria Obedience Training Club
It was suggested that I wear something that matches the dog should it cover up a flaw in my footwork.  Wheaten red is a difficult color to match I found out.  It was also suggested that since this is not athletic like agility and it happens to be AKC sponsored that I not dress like I went to the car wash.
 
Beginner Novice-A second place (out of 2 exhibitors so you know that it's a simple thing)


OMG I'm sucked in now. Keep saying just one more leg and then here we go again. Never ending circle.   

 I stopped by to see Alan on the way home to see how his remodeling job was coming along.  It's going very slowly like over a year now.  I think the delay by getting a replacement car also got in the way.  I got home in time to see Sean still doing laundry at my house and we walked the dogs around the block.  I look forward to our walks.  Then I went to Mass at 5PM at the cathedral.

No comments:

Blog Archive