Sunday, September 12, 2021

My Week

I had trouble with my Belkin hub that connects a USB to my Apple Macbook. The connectors on Apple are different.  I picked one up at Best Buy on Sunday evening after returning from the agility trials in Bloomington because they were open til 7.  It has to be specific for this Mac outlet too. I was charging my phone through it and transferring photos. 

 Monday was my 105th birthday.  The weather was great.  I was blessed with 2, late in the season, purple asparagus spears.  In the afternoon I had some private obedience practice with Rose Hutches.  She gave me some homemade dog treats for my birthday.  It consisted of chicken liver and Jiffy cornmeal.  Even fussy Sophie liked them.  In the evening my sons came with lots of gifts and we went to dinner.  Since it was Labor Day, finding a restaurant open was a challenge especially with all the help wanted signs.  We had dinner at  Outback and early so we  beat the crowd.

My birthday dinner at Outback

Gifts from my sons

Gifts from my sister Ginny.  She remembered my favorite fruit slices


Gifts from my sister Patty.   Love  the birthday soap and bracelet
A load of firewood is a unique but useful gift for the winter

My dinner companions

Because my  birthday was on a holiday, Tuesday felt more like a Monday.  I usually go to the nursing  home on Tuesday with the dog and forgot thinking it was the wrong day.

I'm concerned about Amber snarling at puppies. My son has a puppy and a new neighbor has a puppy yellow lab. He was about to walk on the opposite side of the street when I begged him to pass with his puppy. I held Amber tight and she snarled despite my grasp. She does this with the new puppy my son has. I don't like this because of her AKC Canine Good Citizen title.  One of my dog trainers suggested that instead of holding Amber, say "watch me" and reward that.

Amber's awards so far for just 2021:


 Here's a video of Amber and myself running NADAC jumpers in Mechanicsburg.  It's a qualifying run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAbsS91fokM&t=55s 

Sean's new puppy had a DNA test.  Half of Cosmo is pit bull but a lot of other breeds are in there also.

DNA results
Sean with Cosmo
 
Thursday morning I went to a funeral for a dear friend at Camp Butler.  That evening I chipped a tooth.  I will be seeing the dentist on Tuesday.
 
Friday I went  to Jacksonville  for the Freedom's Never Free, the traveling WWII Memorial. It's a small  replica that goes to different locations.
 
I received a jump drive with photos from last weekend's teacup agility.  I think I like this one because weaves are challenging and we had some distance. 

 
I planted some flowers called "Cocks tail" that were thinned from a flower bed intended for another in my exercise class that didn't show up to accept them.

Saturday morning I went to the Fall Festival in Williamsville and danced Civil War style with the Springfield International Folk Dancers.


   I had fixed my dress with "skirt lifters" to pull the hem up while dancing temporarily.  Two of the ladies noticed the tucks and tried to pull my  skirt down but I said "no it's by design".  You see there's a small button in a button hole on twill tape pulling the skirt up a bit from the waistband.

It was a beautiful house on the historic register and privately owned and in constant state of restoration.  I'm almost glad that it's privately owned because that means the house is manned and monitored.   Although the house was private, the owner let the dancers use the facilities instead of the public porta-potties in the square.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price-Prather_House







 After the dancing I went to the club for some more private practice with Amber.  I got hungry and started to thaw some food and then around 4:30, my  computer's calendar reminded me that there was an AMVETS picnic. Whoo hoo...free food.

Sunday morning I went to 10:30 Mass with  the Catholic War Veterans

Father Joe gave the veterans a special blessing at the end of Mass.


Dennis, Dan, Pat, Fr Joe, myself, Dale, Peggy and Dan

It also happened to be doughnut  Sunday.  Sean was over and I fixed oriental food.  I also made some creamed tomato soup using tomatoes from my garden.   I did some power washing in my front patio to rid the green stuff off and then I plainly washed Amber in the bathtub. 




No comments:

Blog Archive