Monday, September 6, 2021

My Week

This week began a roll back in Illinois to a mask mandate indoors.  I don't like masks. Seems like some do apparently.  I did not attend Monday's exercise class as a result of this.  I did not want to exercise with a mask on.  I contacted a woman in my class who went and was told they didn't enforce it so I went to class on Tuesday and Wednesday and Friday. 

Tuesday I took Sophie to the nursing home.  The activity director wanted to make sure that I saw the rainbow over the nursing home after Sunday evening's storm. It's like a hallow over those in need of care.


 In the evening I got all dressed up for our final flag lowering ceremony.  The rain came and I thought it would be canceled and left.  Apparently those that did show up had a brief ceremony in the rain. It rained so hard on the way home that visibility was poor.
As a result, the high heat that we've had the last 4 weeks went away and back to a reasonable temperature.  I hate to see the utility bill from all the air conditioning but I know it's coming.

Some photos of our visit on Tuesday here.  Sophie was a little bit more on the playful side with her squeaky toy.  They got a kick out of watching her play. 


I did notice the staff had a sympathy card started on the counter for a 99 year old.  I asked if Sophie could sign it and granted permission.  I drew a mini paw print and added "Sophie the Therapy Dog". Family will understand.

Wednesday I celebrated Amber's 4th birthday by taking the girls to the new dog park. 

You can see Sophie under the A frame.


I can't leave out my guinea pig, Blanch.

My photo is on the VFW #StillServing website along with many other dog owners out there.  #StillServing

Thursday I got my level 2 standard agility title in the mail.  Well I never believe it until I see it. Amber and I are on to standard level 3 now.


Saturday and Sunday I took Amber to Bloomington for Tea Cup agility at the Town & Country Kennel Club about an hour's drive.


On Saturday we completed our titles in Teacup Intermediate Standard and Teacup Intermediate  Games. Now we enter the Teacup Superior level and will need 5 legs to complete Superior title instead of 3.  That also means more people in the level all after a qualifying score and less likely to get a top 3 place ribbon. 

Standard 1
Intermediate Map.  We scored 1st place with 48.94 seconds.  We should have moved up to superior because we finished our 3rd leg and titled. I was told we didn't Q but later told we had because of technical difficulties.  By the time this was cleared up, the next level had already been run.  I was holding back some disappointment but ran an extra practice on standard intermediate.  On the way home, I realized that God didn't want me to run that superior course.  I was not ready and it was more difficult for a transition to that level.  
Standard Intermediate 2 we scored 47.46 for first place.  I should feel guilty because I took a 1st place just practicing having already titled instead of letting the next person have 1st.


standard 1 1st place
standard 3 Amber got 2d Place on our 1st leg in Standard.  There will be more competition in this group as we need more runs (5) to qualify.

Call, Direct Send Game Amber got 1st place

Call, Direct, Send game is a lot like the game called "chances" in other venues.  I had my foot over the line on at number 2 and didn't realize it until I turned to number 3 but the rest of the course was flawless.  I was really concerned about the exit from 11 to 12 to 13. And then it was like Obe to Luke (only Lisa to Rose) use the force. Angle your feet and hips. That move was a success on that tricky obstacle.  We passed.



Full House Game 1st Place

If a dog popped and the owner was caught not picking it up, they were eliminated but if you did, you got to enter the poop raffle.  I entered but didn't win the chocolate in the wine glass. 


 
Saturday's ribbons hanging.  Purple are the titles
I learned that I can’t wear my agility leash around waist in tea cup trials because of the dangling ends being like a lure. I had to go a 4th leg in intermediate standard because of a software update problem and by the time it was fixed, the next level had already been done in reverse order and bump up was reversed levels.(beginner, intermediate and superior then superior, intermediate and beginner)  🤓  But as I look back, it was a blessing because that would have been a difficult course especially for a transitional upgrade.

 Sunday I didn't expect too much more because we are at the bottom rung to the teacup superior ladder.  

The professional photographer took this and I ordered her jump drive special.  I was proud that she used this example on her laptop.  Just look at Amber smile.

Amber is on the brag board


Sunday's Games "Think Outside the Box" That we almost failed because our points went bankrupt like on Wheel of Fortune but I was able to regain enough to get a qualifying score towards a title.  This is the course map.  The red jumps were double points and the tunnels double the points. However,  there were 2 other tunnels on the opposite corners that were in line of exiting the box that were bankruptcy of points just like on Wheel of Fortune.   That was our downfall.  She went in.  I was able to recover points enough to qualify as one of our future game titles but we could have gotten a first place ribbon had that not happened.  Oh and she knocked a bar down too.
 
 

Sunday Standard 4 with third place

Sunday's Standard 6 with First Place
This is the other game that we didn't pass.  Went from 8 to 9 in the wrong direction so I sent her to finish at the table.

Tunnelers NQ on Sunday.  We had to get 100.


Sunday's ribbons: nothing here to hang my head low about.  Proud of us.


As we were getting ready to leave the parking lot, I was stopped to be presented the ribbon for Amber having the highest score for the weekend in the 8" jump category.  It's a huge ribbon.

Team Amber and Rose

Below is a link to a recent video of a special presentation that I attended in July at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum.  It was a special treat for the volunteers showing some of the behind the scenes technology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqE6GPhy5dM

First Day in Heaven

First Day in Heaven has really been inspirational to me.  The joy on the new saint's face is the greatest of all.  I see these pictures with various people for sale here:  https://firstdayinheavenpainting.com/

Needed to get a new USB hub for my Apple laptop. Well let's see how the birthday week begins.




No comments:

Blog Archive