Sunday, October 3, 2021

My Week

 Monday I picked up a near new civil war A frame tent that included the poles.  Between that, new tires, and a Bose radio, I think I've spent enough.

Tuesday morning I had a bone density test at 8:30.   Of course we wait in our car till called.  That finished in time to go to a 9:15 Blue Mass at the cathedral.  I didn't know it at the time but the Mass aired on Facebook Live.  

On the way home I stopped by for an estimate on tires.  Yep, they're in the yellow zone.  I will be getting a  better Cooper tire on Thursday.  There is a shortage of tires and One Stop Auto will have to order and pick them up on Thursday.  Then at 1:30 I took Amber for a trick dog performance at the nursing home.

Tuesday evening I rode my bike to the Village of Chatham board meeting.  I haven't ridden my bike in a long time because I'm usually walking dogs or need the car to haul something.  I went to witness a surprise announcement for Les Morgan of our Legion post as volunteer of the year.  He deserves it.  He's active in so many things. 

Mayor Kimsey and Les Morgan



Wednesday morning I took Amber for agility practice in Mechanicsburg.  In the evening I participated with the color guard for our Chatham high school homecoming parade.  I ended up watching Alan's dog, Hank, while he went to St Louis to see comedian, Bill Burr.  Our other rifle bearer, Dale,  got exhausted near the end and had to step out.  Fortunately he got to ride on that maroon truck for the VFW right behind us.  That rifle is heavy and a few subtle transfers to the other shoulder helped.  My arm was sore the following day.

Wow, I'm shorter than I feel


Thursday evening I assisted our club's agility 101 class.   Class is coming along just fine.

Friday I went to Morton IL for field trips for students.

Schedule


 I didn't stay overnight but got home on Friday about 2:30.  School gets out early.  I came back on Saturday and was able to use my laptop and the Wifi at the VFW post to attend a virtual meeting of the Quincy Veterans Home Advisory Council at 10.  The 33rd Regimental Band played  at noon and I got a little bit of dancing in.  Then it poured and General Grant had to give his speech indoors.  

 I hear we got 3/4" of rain.  Meanwhile I was worried about my tent.  After the generals speech, I got out of my dress into some knee length shorts to take it down and get my props and table in the car.  

General Grant, Miss Rose, and Alex our host

Men waiting for the dance to begin

33rd Regimental Band


I did get home late for a short walk with the dogs and lay out my tent in the sun room to dry. 

Sunday morning Mass at 8AM and at 1PM I went to the blessing of the pets by Fr Joe at St Joseph the Worker.  It was great seeing all the dogs and a few cats in kennels.

Getting ready
Fr Joe leading prayers over the blessing

Amber with her blessing medal

Cosmo with his blessing medal.  I believe Sean was hoping for some divine intervention on this active little fella.

Sophie with her blessing medal



Sean and Cosmo's first blessing by Fr Joe


Then I joined the local German-American club called Dank for a tour of the Marbold Mansion.











I got home in time to grab the girls for the Capitol Canine Walkabout at Southwind Park.  After the walkabout we went for Dinner at Motorheads Bar & Grill.  I had quinoa shrimp.  


 It was a bit spicy but mixing the spice in with the quinoa lessened the burn.  Definitely would get this again.



No comments:

Blog Archive