Monday, October 11, 2021

My Week

Leaves are just beginning to turn but I'd give it another week.  I tried to put off mowing hoping I could mulch leaves.  I had my tree cut down but I'll bet my lawn will not be void of leaves.

I've asked Google Maps to update the Street View of my house since I live alone.


Our Wednesday morning agility practice was canceled the day before because of predicted rain.  So I  booked my slot  in our exercise class.  The clouds came but not the rain. 

Thursday I usually don't go to they gym since the post COVID schedule is just cycling which plays very noisy music for my hearing aids..  So I realize that I could do something that usually conflicts with that hour by going to Mass.  I need to mow the grass which I've been putting off because I'd like to mow leaves at the same time.  I don't know how long I can put that off.  Well, I did have my  tree removed but I expect some leaves to blow in my yard.

In the evening on Thursdays I’m assisting with a station at Agility 101 mainly because it’s outdoors and unmasked.  Even better that the class has a break week on my trip.  Well tonight they wanted to do it in doors due to patches of rain clouds and I shook my head no.  It wasn’t raining but the grass was wet in the fenced area outside.  They let me do my station outside.  I wore my trusty rubbers.  Most dogs did well.  One dog is deaf in our class and I'm not sure how to help so I trust the handler to do it her way.  I was teaching “go around” the stool.

Saturday I went to Kampsville Old Settler Days.  I found an  old photo from the last time I visited from I believe 2006


 Here's my recreation in the same location for 2021.


A double barge

My $5 carriage ride

Bunch of dummies



A pioneer lean-to shelter

Miss Calhoun County posing by the Illinois River

My patriotic pose with a Betsy Ross flag. I submitted this photo to DAR.

Westbound ferry while I was headed east across the Illinois River


Sunday, Sean and I watched a movie called the Black Sea.  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2261331/

A neighbor was cutting down a tree by herself and I later noticed some potential firewood by the curb.  I pulled it to my log pile but it will be too fresh in early winter. I hear it will be harsh and might even have black out moments.  We will survive.  

I got Alan's Birthday present early.  He wanted a Rigid Grinder which they carry at Home Depot. Not in stock here but they have one at his local store.  I used a veteran discount too.  At least he got a gift he wants.

 

 

 


No comments:

Blog Archive