Monday, December 28, 2020

Here we are with another week of Covid and the holidays.  Sad news about the Nashville

You may recall that I had entered an AKC Elite Trick performance Last October with "Amber's Christmas Story".  Here is the winner Debbi Snyder & Amos performing

Hairy Pawter and runner-ups listed on the website:

Hairy Pawter Sorcerer's Bone 2020 AKC Tricks Nationals Winner 

Congratulations.  The difficultly level of the tricks was superb.  To see the runner-up videos, click here


Tuesday afternoon I took my dogs to a local Capitol Illini-Chatham Veterinary Services for a photo session based on other photos that I had seen with a beautiful setting. Due to COVID, I waited outside while the clinic staff took them inside for pictures.

 




 That evening, I accompanied some of our VFW members distributing cookies to the police and firefighters.


 Wednesday I took both dogs with me to Mechanicsburg for Amber's agility practice.  Sophie stayed in the car but then she did get out before and after and she sleeps a lot.  It was so windy.  Remnants of corn husks blew across the road.  It was said that the gusts were up to 50 MPH.  It was too windy to practice outside so we practiced in the horse barn.  This made Amber roll in the horse dirt.   She had a bath later that day. 

Christmas eve I was surprised when my neighbor, Dennis and Julie, brought over a gift of chocolates.  The tag also included my dog's names but we know dogs can't have chocolate.

Alan came in the evening and so did Sean.  We watched a movie and lit the fireplace because it was in the single digits.

I went to Mass on Christmas morning at 9AM. The two Christmas Eve Masses were live streamed and can be seen here.   There was no choir on Christmas morning so the congregation had to sing.  I didn't know Father John could play the piano.  It was almost like his own stage with the exception of readers and servers.  Not the best angle but you can see Father John sitting at the piano.  


Our Christmas morning picture 2020 just before opening presents and stepping in a mess of wrapping paper.


 Take 2:

I do a lot of video.  Especially watching my queuing of my dog.  Every mistake is the handlers so they say.  I got a new camera to watch myself cue my dog.

I got a tactile necklace knife.


My sons got gift cards for Outback Steak house from their Aunt Kate. They both have Hawaiian shirts but if you look closely they are battle design (guns, grenades and poppies).


Then there was the food and lots of it.  I got a very expensive prime rib.  


Here's Alan checking the temperature of the prime rib.


My sister gave me a doggie towel.  It's almost too cute to use so I'm not sure of how I'll use it or keepsake it.

I got a coffee maker and a blender.  I got a soft green sweater and a book for my garden.  I got a new hummingbird feeder with a lot of packaging. My niece sent me coffee.

I got some exercise wear from my sisters and a facial mask with instructions to use it concurrently together on New Years Day.


Alan hadn't been over in awhile and his dog forgot how I taught him "paws on the bucket". Hank had little manners.  If I tried to train and reward, he was forceful at grabbing the treat teeth and all.  I tried the open palm so he wouldn't get my fingers. 

Alan left me his jeans to mend.   Yep, repair to be made in a tight spot.

The neighbor behind me assembled a trampoline.

 It's impossible to be unhappy and grateful at the same time. be filled with the Holy Spirit!



No comments:

Blog Archive