Monday, January 4, 2021

My Week

Happy New Year 2021.  2021 is already better, we can go back to writing the last two digits of the year instead of the full thing again! Wooo small joys!

For the blind hoop jump trick, I picked up a large embroidery hoop and love this idea for wrapping paper in "Amber's Christmas Story". Few details to fix but oh so clever. This trick is known as the paper-covered
hoop / blind jump through curtains trick.  See video here:

 I had a custom made agility leash.  It's designed to wear around the waist during a run and ready to leash up at the finish line.


I got a welcome email from TDAA (Teacup Agility Association).


Wednesday I spoke with my brother on the phone and he really concerned about his wife's recovery from the accident.  She had a set back and had to go on dyalisis.  He sent this photo of a TAU rosary that was given to him at the hospital.

I read him the history about the Tau cross . I sent him a thank you card for his Christmas gift and a vial of miraculous water from Lourdes.

I had a small New Year's Eve with Liz and Chris for dinner at 6PM - 9PM.  We had some spicy jambalaya.  New Year's Day was an ice storm warning.  I was planning to attend Mass for the Solemnity of Mary but received a text that it was canceled because of the ice storm.  My sisters and I planned a simultaneous New Year's Day facial mask.   Well here is 2 out of 3.

My sister (I hope this doesn't inhibit her from sharing in the future but ... hell, who would recognize this?)
Amber (and I) have been working real hard and long on opening a trash bin (like about a year). She just couldn't get the concept of putting pressure on the pedal. You'll notice the tape that once held a treat when the lid opened. I tried everything and now we have it. She'll be policing up things next.  Sophie wanted in on the action. For every 2 rewards Amber gets, Sophie gets 1. I think she's trained too. 


 I fixed an outfit for Amber and Sophie in the virtual Soulard Mardi Gras Pet Parade.  Amber had many retakes because she doesn't like wearing anything.  You can see it in her eyes.  This used to be Sophie's outfit but this year I added some colorful trim that I found on sale and pig tails.  Isn't she cute?

Sophie's outfit is attached to a harness and flowers in her hair.

We had an ice storm New Year's Day so I didn't leave the house on Friday nor on Saturday.  Sunday morning I woke to snow on the ground.  It wasn't too bad...just beautiful. Bob called while I just sat down in my pew at mass. I saw he was calling and worried it might be important since his wife is in the hospital.  Meanwhile I'm having difficulty with my hearing aids.  I can only answer with speakerphone which I can’t use speakerphone in church. I accepted the call and  I went back to talk and explain the delayed “hello “    I called back later to learn that Nancy opened her eyes a little and pneumonia down. Still on ventilator. Social workers trying to move her to rehab. It’s like a tug of war between hospital care, and insurance. I understand that this. I suggested he stop pacing in waiting rooms where he can seldom see her and go back to work instead of taking time off.  I hope to get my hearing aids serviced sometime after the holiday.   

Sunday was the Epiphany also known as Little Christmas.  Each family received and ornament of the church for our 100th anniversary year.  With the parish down to 25% capacity and many watching services online, I'm sure it will be difficult to enforce the one per family ideal.


Monday was a winter fog all day long.  I had my annual optometry appointment.  Not much change but I will be getting computer/TV glasses to augment my regular glasses.  When I got home, I got my hearing aids back in order over a long phone call. 


No comments:

Blog Archive