Monday, January 18, 2021

My Week

You may recall in my last blog about the frustration when my car wouldn't start because of the battery.  Well I was on the way to a funeral for one of our Amvets members but what I didn't say was that the closet rack that holds my many various veteran uniforms collapsed.  Replacing it will be on my to-do list.  

Wednesday I took Amber to Agility practice in Mechanicsburg.  Surprisingly the weather was nice enough for an outdoor practice.   Amber did a zippidy doo run in the fenced area.  On the other hand, she performed a more complicated run that included weave poles.  She does weave at home but a bit more distracting in a different environment.  I made her repeat the process when she missed a weave.

 Just as I have a laundry basket of mismatched socks, so too with a travel bag of gloves.  This bag was getting old and tearing because it's stored in the attic.  I found a brand new replacement for $2 at the Goodwill because it had the 1/2 off color of the week.  Still had tags on it too.  So I went through my gloves and paired them up and the old is gone. Goodwill is following COVID restrictions.  Seems they have hired many clean up workers and someone at the door to limit the population.  I had to wait in a line for someone to leave the store. 

Thursday I went to our Catholic War Veterans meeting. I picked up a new member to car pool with and his wife invited me to dinner before we left.  I'm kinda bummed because one of our Catholic War Veterans members lost his wife to COVID Thursday evening and he wasn't at the meeting. I feel bad now about questioning his absence at our Thurs night meeting when he said he'd be there. I didn't know until Sunday morning.  How sad. 
I went to church and we mask there but it fogs my glasses. Worse fogging when there's tears in my eyes

I was planning a trip to Maine through Marine Bank's Mariner Club for next August and that got canceled because of COVID over uncertainty in time for the deadline in February.  It will be postponed for another year.  The sad part is that there's an 89 year old woman (capable for travel) who was really disappointed in the postponement for another year. 

Friday I drove past the capitol to see it getting boarded up in anticipation of election riots.  Then I went to Walmart for the first time in a long time.  A man with kids walked right past a doorman handing out masks without any eye contact.  I needed some panties and other items and after that I went to ALDI nearby.  ALDI had better panties in their "Isle of Shame" so I got more.

As we begin the season of Mardi Gras (AKA Ordinary Time of the liturgical year) season, I wore these Keds-like shoes that I found at Goodwill brand new and never worn.  They are a kids size 4 but fit my size 6 foot well.   I needed a little bling.

Our state capitol building has been boarded up in anticipation of riots as we near the presidential inauguration date.




Even the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum is under militia protection.

Take solace in the past that Winston Churchill had been voted out of office. He left and was essentially considered damaged goods. But then, he came back and won WWII.



No comments:

Blog Archive