Monday, December 21, 2020

My Week

Well today happens to be Sophie's eight birthday.  Woof it up!


 Prayers are needed from my brother's wife, Nancy, who was in a terrible accident.  She's going to have a long road to recovery. She has fractured ribs and pelvis and fighting Pneumonia.

 Monday I had a COVID test in prep for my Thursday colonoscopy.  It was negative.  Wednesday was prep time.  The Magnesium Citrate tastes just like bitter lemon with the pucker factor. Not too bad compared to the old prep. The bad part is the stomach gurgling still happens.  My scheduled procedure was moved earlier then expected too.  There must have been some drop outs.

 Wednesday afternoon, at the beginning of my fast, I had my mammogram and got a call later that all was well.  Sean drove me to my appointment and that went well.  In my little waiting room I watched TV.  There was a calendar on the wall near me with nothing written on it so I wrote "Rose was here".  Every thing went well and polyps removed.  My but was raw.  I soiled all 5 of my open winter robes. Bathroom is cleaner than ever.  My neighbor, Donna, walked the dogs but Sophie didn't go very far with her.  Amber was ready to go all over.  Might have been better walking separately.  On the way home, I asked Sean to stop to get me some Chinese food to take out.  When I got home I needed a nap and had Sean bring me my electric blanket.

I made a mini "Wreaths Across America" wreath for Ron Otken at the columbarium. He was a key fundraiser for Wreaths Across America before he died.  I copied the idea from the cremation size wreaths that I saw pictures of at Killion, Texas where they had enough for every other marker.  It's held in place by Styrofoam between the marble.  I sent the photo to his wife who was in Texas at the time.  She was pleased.


I put it there on Friday but it was down on the ground on Saturday with the Styrofoam ripped off and in the trash.  I guess it got management's panties in a wad.  


I have some more supplies that I found in a thrift store but will still need mini 10 inch wreath frames in either twig or straw and some more Styrofoam.  I'll see what becomes of this for next time.

Friday I helped our location leader separate the wreaths in groups by their sponsors to pick up on Saturday.  I placed a wreath on my husband's grave and then stomped on the empty plot next to him.

Despite the pandemic, we did have more wreaths than the previous year.  I put a wreath on the grave of my neighbor.  I sent her the photo and she was touched by it.   Seems every year there's a new restriction on this program from higher ups.  I mean, people have been decorating graves before Wreaths Across America but about three years ago, the staff had volunteers remove the wreaths and drag them to the side of the road for a clean up day about the third week of January.  Then last year, they declared we needed to provide a dumpster for the used wreaths.  This year we were further restricted by the fact we had to have the wreaths delivered off site instead of the the facility at the cemetery.  Our location leader secured permission at RP Lumber yard. There was no public ceremony for the wreath laying for the branches of service and guest speaker.  The cemetery staff placed wreaths privately early in the morning to avoid a crowd and encourage social distancing.  Although this was out doors, I think this was the most social event I've been to in a long time.  I hadn't seen these friends in a long time.

Sunday I watched two movies with Sean, both with foreign subtitles. The Giant (2017)  and Sarajevo 2014 which was a little bit like a murder mystery only true about what led to WW1.

 

 

No comments:

Blog Archive